Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Pressure release box thing...

Old 09-21-2009, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pressure release box thing...

Yo tr. i got a ls vtec with a b18b1 bottom. Now u know like that a1 got a bos that connects to the back of the block ath has a hose that runs to the valve cover that is supposedly even distributes the pressure build up between the two..... yea well my motor doesnt have that where the box is on the a1 is no on the b1. Its like it wasnt supposed to be there. it wasnt rigged or anything. its just not there.

Anyone know where that box thing is supposed to be or does the b1 even have one? Let me know please

or doesnt anyone know where i can connect a hose from the valve cover nipple to put the pressure. im high compression and oil squirts from there quite a bit.

Any help is appreciated.

thanx
chris

TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member # 04
Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 PM
DC Crew Member #1

That box is like a factory catch can setup for the oil. Most b1 motors didn't come with it just the first few years did. Just order a oil catch can (a good one) and route the valve cover hoses to that. Also, you really shouldn't be blowing that much oil...may have a ring problem.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Smith & Wesson Protected.

96+ b18b1 did not come equipped with the stock catch can on the back of the block. You need to got to honda and get the fittings or buy a kit with the 2 fittings for the back of the block and install a catch can to vent your crank case. or you can weld at least 2 -10an fittings to the valve cover and run them to a catch can.

-Induction Performance ALPHA Tuned.
-ROQUE MACHINE SHOP For ALL your fabrication needs.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:07 PM

you dont need to weld anything for a catch can set up. if you're high compression than yes you should definitely have a set up to help with the crankcase pressure. just buy a complete kit from endyn or type 1 and bring it by a shop to install or if you have a good drill,drill bits and a tap set. go at it. if you know what your doing thats is. but juding from the title "prssure release box thing" just send it to a shop lol
Old 09-25-2009, 04:44 PM
engine building &best

compression has to do with PCV?

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 09-25-2009, 05:29 PM

absoultely, the higher the compression the more cylinder pressure you have and the more gas you have escaping passed the rings down into the crankcase. same goes with forced induction setups.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 PM

^he's correct, also depends on ur ring gap....if you are blowing oil out like that tho, your rings are probably fucked tho....lol

PM me for any AC, audio, and wiring work on your vehicle. Including but not limited to car audio, alarms, gauge installs, custom clusters, full troubleshooting, big/dual fuel pump relay kits, battery relocation, factory radio iPod and amplifier integration, custom harnesses, and custom standalone ecu installs and much more! If you need it done, we can do it! Don't be afraid to inquire!
Old 09-26-2009, 01:54 PM
engine building &best

i know i was just jokeing cause of how he said i got high compression sorry my bad on the joke..god thing i did not say just run one side of the hose to the other

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 09-26-2009, 02:29 PM

lol sorry didnt catch it in time

PM me for any AC, audio, and wiring work on your vehicle. Including but not limited to car audio, alarms, gauge installs, custom clusters, full troubleshooting, big/dual fuel pump relay kits, battery relocation, factory radio iPod and amplifier integration, custom harnesses, and custom standalone ecu installs and much more! If you need it done, we can do it! Don't be afraid to inquire!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:21 PM

yea... well im not smokin blue. im not burning oil and at the time of the thread makin pcv would not pop into my head so i gave up. hence the title. well for those that gave info thanx. for those that didnt and just had something smart to say.. i feel sry for u.

TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member # 04