Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

code

Old 03-18-2002, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was driving around breaking in my motor. After the second day a check engine light came on. I didnt get a chance to check out the code. The light never came back again but when Im looking at the ecu (with the car running) it flashes a one (02 sensor-1st gen b16a head/ecu). The vtec/02 wires are run properly I hope. I figured its not normal for the ecu to flash but why hasnt the check engine light come back on again?

Also what is the vtec crossover for a PR3 ecu? 4500? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Livin' in Seattle

trouble codes will disapper if the problem is intermittent.
Might want to check your wiring and make sure the wires are solidly connected and that they are in good shape (no breaks not rubbing against anything etc).
Old 03-19-2002, 06:04 AM

If the ecu is flashing then the problem is still there? The CEL does not have to come on? My car is running pretty rich which have have affected the 02 sensor. Ill reset the ecu and see if the code will come up again. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:47 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by specie
If the ecu is flashing then the problem is still there? The CEL does not have to come on? My car is running pretty rich which have have affected the 02 sensor. Ill reset the ecu and see if the code will come up again. Thanks.
The ecu flashing? HUH?
Im guessing you mean that the MIL will flash when you jump the service connector although there is no trouble code showing. Yes that is normal. The trouble code is logged even if it is only intermittent. You can clear the code by resetting the ECU if you want but if its not coming on I really dont see the point. Like I said Id trouble shoot why the hell it came on in the first place.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:39 PM

zorro thanks. Its running healthy but a lot slower than I expected.

The light on the ecu flashes even without the service connector shorted. I did reset the ecu today and the ecu stopped flashing. Maybe the code was showing up because I was running pretty rich or the burning of oil was triggering the 02 code when the motor was just breaking in. So far so good.

Thanks all.