Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Brakes gettin kinda soft....

Old 02-22-2002, 02:40 PM
Moon Equipped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brakes arent what they used to be...new that is.

Whats the best place to start in improving upon my brake components? Nothing i have is really worn although the pads and fluid could use freshening im sure.

Should i start off with new pads and fluid and go from there? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks --
Old 02-22-2002, 08:54 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Not to mention that brake fluid tends to accumulate moisture over time which will drastically affect pedal pressures.
Id just pull the rotors get them turned pick up a new set of pads some new fluid and be done with it. Theres no reason to do anything other than that just concern yourself with picking the right pad and fluid.
Old 02-24-2002, 01:06 AM

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by Robster
rubber lines tend to expand over time causing soft brakes your brake pedal doesnt sink at idle with your foot on the brake does it? If so you need a new master cylinder.
My pedal doesn’t sink when the car is idle but I can push it all the way down to the point that it seems to hit some kind of stop without using too much force. Is that an indication of a worn master cylinder or just in need of a bleeding? It’s a 94teg that I’ve had about 3 years now. I’ve never changed the fluid or bled the brakes. Not sure when or if the previous owner did.
Old 02-24-2002, 01:44 AM
twisted logic

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by 94teg
Originally Posted by Someone
Originally posted by Robster
rubber lines tend to expand over time causing soft brakes your brake pedal doesnt sink at idle with your foot on the brake does it? If so you need a new master cylinder.
My pedal doesn’t sink when the car is idle but I can push it all the way down to the point that it seems to hit some kind of stop without using too much force. Is that an indication of a worn master cylinder or just in need of a bleeding? It’s a 94teg that I’ve had about 3 years now. I’ve never changed the fluid or bled the brakes. Not sure when or if the previous owner did.
Sounds to me like your brakes are SHOT!!!