Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

starting problems

Old 07-14-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problems

Yo, whats up tr I just need some help with my 96 teg. I posted up a month ago with a problem with my car. I finally got around to do some work on it. So i was having problems with the car not starting when I would drive it and she would warm up. So I had a civic that did that and I replaced the dizzy and it worked fine from that point. So I replaced my tegs dizzy and drove around until the car warmed up and I parked it. And still the same s**t keeps happening. What could cause the car to still not turn on after I have drove it until it warms up. The teg is a ls also, so any info will help. Also before I replaced it the old dizzy would not spark good at all. I wasnt able to check this on still to see how she is working. Could the main relay cause the problem I am having right now and I could hear the fuel pump coming on and when the car doesn;t want to start you could smell the fuel from the motor.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:53 PM
asian persuasion

i dont know much about tegs but mines does that too. but it doesnt start when its like ice cold. after warmed up it starts right away. i believe mines is the main relay going out cause of the heat.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:15 PM

Yeah I dont know what else to try the fuel pump is coming on and it has new dizzy. I just cant figure out what would cause it not to start. When I bought the car it ran perfect with no problems. So anyone could give me info in what else to search for to replace to help me get her straight.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:29 AM

ttt
Old 07-16-2009, 10:26 AM

I found the problem it was the main relay. Car works like a charm.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:28 AM
asian persuasion

awesome! mines is stil iffy. lol after i tinted my car the other day its not so hot in there so its started every time i tried. haha stupid main relay.