Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

help troubleshoot my A/C

Old 06-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Now with more c5!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help troubleshoot my A/C

My ac started blowing warm yesterday. I refilled the refrigerant and it blew cold for a second and then was warm again. I couldn't find any leaks in the system.

It appears that my fans won't turn on and it sounds like the compressor clutch is not activating. The fan motors are fine as I can trip them to work.

I've attempted going through the troubleshooting flowchart in the service manual, but got stuck as I don't have a continuity meter and wasn't sure how to check for pressure in the system.

Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated. Alternatively, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount if someone wanted to come and figure out what the problem is- located in St. Petersburg.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:59 PM

dryer and expansion valve may be bad , had similar problem to yours and that was my problem. did u put the freeon with the leak detector and check with the uv light.if your ever in orlando lmk
Old 06-30-2009, 06:35 PM
20+

If you overcharged the system the high pressure switch will kick the compressor out. if your fan is not turning on then the condenser coil will get to hot and then the pressure goes up and it will kick out. there is no expansion valve in a automitive air conditioner it is a metering device and it could be plugged possibly. get your fan running and then start all over by dropping the charge and ad 1.5lbs through the low side with the control on max cool. see how that works. the low side is the blue cap. check the specs on your car for exact weight to add but 1.5 lbs is a good start
Old 06-30-2009, 08:05 PM

^^^ im sorry to inform you there is an expansion valve
Old 06-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Pops

^ The expansion valve is located at your evaporator( under dash where your fan blows the air thru the exchanger to your vents)

Jdm b18c R LSD CRX si
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #96
JoKie TuNinG
RANGCRX BUILT TYPE R
StricKlyMT
727-510-6301
Old 06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Pops

It does sound like put too much 134a into system which engages your high head pressure switch. with car running and A/c on high see if compressor clutch is turning. If not bleed off excess gas and oil mix into a cup until compressor clutch engages. Next make sure your condensor fan by radiator is coming on. Check system with cheap gauge set that comes with refill kit.

Jdm b18c R LSD CRX si
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #96
JoKie TuNinG
RANGCRX BUILT TYPE R
StricKlyMT
727-510-6301