Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

tuning help

Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning help

i know i need to get this thing dyno tuned eventually. But right now im just trying to get it running somewhat smooth just to check all the vitals like cooling system and my intercooler and piping and oil delivery system. I have a 94 gsr with a t3/t4 turbo. I want to put about 16 to 18lbs of boost through the motor. I have the low compression pistions with all the arp studs. I finally got the car together today and got it fired up. Definetly too rich with my 880cc injectors at low rpms but im trying to battle that with lowering the fpr for now. I know the duty time is way to high cause it still has stock ecu specs with the obd1 p28. I seems like when i get the rpms over about 3500 the motor coms alive but its just not idling right. I have the vafc2 but just laying there. I can buy the plug n play harness so i dont cut into my ecu but will this help for now with a/f at lower rpms and im sure it will help during dyno tuning. engine has black smoke not thick though just seems like it needs to run of a bit most of all, but just need that little trick for first time tuning to make it feel right. I know the dyno tune will just make it come alive anyone have tips or just want to stop by and help.haha let me know
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Banned

hey man i'm the guy with the halfsize radiator, your set up sounds sick good luck finding help.

bump for a good guy
Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 AM

appreciate it. I car sounds sick but I know the a/f is way off. I never got up till mad late and have been under the car all day. Ill still take the half radiator if your not in a rush to sell it. Im just busy lately. Let me know or if your just going to post it up. I dont really need it just spare parts really.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Banned

nan i'm in no rush man just call me when ever.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 AM

At lease get a base map ecu chip from your tuner. with out a base map i wouldnt even start it up. my 02 cent