Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Keep on turnin'

Old 04-09-2009, 04:25 AM
Slim Thugga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Keep on turnin'

I got a question about my '01 Integra LS-T.

When driving, cruisin' and all of a sudden your car shuts off what would cause this? Car just turns and turns and turns but no start so Im guessin' its the dizzy cause this same exact thing happened to me a couple of months ago when leaving work. Took it to a shop and they said it was my dizzy.

How long do dizzy usually last? I dont beat on my car that much but I do get on it once in awhile just for the adrenaline rush. Also, if it is the dizzy would be a good upgrade (complete upgrade)? My car is stock (internal wise) so Im not all to sure whats a good dizzy to go with. I've searched online but I've seen one for VTEC motors only.

I kinda need to get it runnin' soon as possible since its my daily. If anyone is willing to help out Im in the Brandon area.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:30 AM
Banned

check to see whats missing.....spark or fuel then go from there
Old 04-09-2009, 06:17 AM

spark, fuel, or timing is missing/wrong...if its spark thats missing it COULD be your dizzy but sont jump to comclusions, it could just as easily be a fuse. Also, where did you get your dizzy from? it wasnt one that was remanufactured in the US was it? cuz for some reason those suck balls.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Slim Thugga

Originally Posted by freakasis
spark, fuel, or timing is missing/wrong...if its spark thats missing it COULD be your dizzy but sont jump to comclusions, it could just as easily be a fuse. Also, where did you get your dizzy from? it wasnt one that was remanufactured in the US was it? cuz for some reason those suck balls.
The dizzy is like 1 month old, I had it replace with another OEM dizzy from a auto store cause my other one went out (so the shop says). ECU wasnt throwing any codes.

I expect the dizzy cause it did the same exact thing when I was driving to my buddy's house. The engine light came on and it just stop. I put the key in the ignition, turn and the engine light is just steady (same exact thing as last time) thats why I suspected the dizzy.

Fuse isn't the problem, checked it.

Last edited by Bman409; 04-09-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Every dog has his day.

Pull your check engine light code
Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 AM

parts store dizzy is remanufacturered in the US and they all suck balls. get a new or used OEM one.

by the way its not OEM if it comes from the part store. its OEM if it comes from the dealer.

hope it has a warrenty
Old 04-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Slim Thugga

Originally Posted by HonkeyDong
Pull your check engine light code
Well I just did the ECU code thing, the whole paper clip thing but my engine light didnt blink at all but instead my SRS light was blinking. Does it really matter which light is blinking? Cause my engine light didnt blink at all, it was just steady but I did notice that my SRS light was doing all the blinking and I came up with "12, 16, 81". I dont see a code for 81.

Edit: So I just checked my fuses again and I noticed that my "Fuel Pump" fuse was blown! I replaced it and tried to start it up.. no luck, I checked the fuse again and its blown again!

Last edited by Bman409; 04-09-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Living in Black & White..

that fuse blowing is a short somewhere in ur wiring u are going to have to find the short...

Old 04-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Slim Thugga

Originally Posted by Tampa's_Slow_EG6
that fuse blowing is a short somewhere in ur wiring u are going to have to find the short...
So now my problems are the fuel injectors and wiring with to the fuel pump? Kinda of aggravating me as well plus this Haynes book I got is a POS.

Whats the level of difficulty of my problem though? I really dont feel like getting it towed to a shop.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:36 PM

is your dizzy getting power?