Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

clutch/slave cylinder problem! PLEASE HELP!

Old 03-19-2009, 02:20 AM
vrroomm err vrrromm errr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch/slave cylinder problem! PLEASE HELP!

PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED HELP! BEFORE I PULL MY HAIR OUT!

motor is a single cam

lately i been having problems with my tranny/shift linkage/clutch/slave cylinder, i dont know exactly what it is but, the problem started when it started getting real stiff to get my car in first gear, and to shift into second, like it wouldnt budge in, but after i get it going third and fourth gears are an ease, so at a light would have to
-shut off my car,
-release the clutch,
-put it in first,
-hold down the clutch/brake
-and start the car back up and continue to drive
some buddies said it could be
-slave cylinder
-clutch or pressure plate
-shift boot or linkage
so two nights ago i changed the slave and i got no progress it was still stiff, so me and my buddies figured it was my pressure plate maybe, and today i picked up a completely new clutch kit, while i was taking apart we notice that there was really nothing wrong with the clutch, it still has good meat on it, pressure plate was in good condition, and flywheel was smooth like butter, except the the springs on the clutch spins, and on thre brand new one didnt, so we figured it was that. after installing everything and putting the tranny back one, doing the wiring harness.. yada.. 6 hours rolls around. we bled the slave cylinder. and it was stiff for a bit, and when i went to start up the car, it would start, so i tried to pop it rolling down my driveway, and it was stuck in reverse, so i think there isnt pressure on my clutch, so we bled the slave one more time, and it just kept spitting out air, and the reservior was filled and wouldnt get stiff for shits.
-3 pumps
-release and tighten
-do repeatly 3 to 4 times
(if im doing it wrong let me know)
so now im having more problems that i dont need, i work two jobs and need to start figuring out whats wrong soon. so here are my problems
-no pressure on clutch peddle
-slave cylinder keeps spit out air
-stuck in reverse(no longer stuck i just checked, i might have my shft linkage backwards??)
-wont start up(figured cause no pressure in clutch)

please fill me in, you will be repd.
i would appreciate any help.

shes got a good home now. ill miss her.

Last edited by spicy tuna; 03-19-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:28 AM
hatchback1994

R u putting the master cylinder cap back on when u start bleeding it? Even if there's no pressure in the clutch pedal, once u push it to the floor it should start. Check your grounds
Old 03-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Rick James bitch

Give me a call I can come take a look at it and see what the issue is.
TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member #14

T & C Racing

What VP Race fuel's should we carry?

FT Crew Mascot lol
Gotta love my hater fan club. I love the fact people worry about me 24/7 Ill never be forgotten. I love you guys.....
Old 03-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Hey its that guy!!

Wow you are having that much trouble with it.?

slave cylinder was brand new... I put it on with the 5-speed conversion... Clutch that went on when it was put together had tons of meat on it..

maybe a leak somewhere??? master cylinder leaking???

what did you do to the wiring???

you know that car was a auto right?? you didnt remove the old Shifter plate with the harness did you...??

car has to think that its in park or N. to start... even tho its a 5-speed computer the wiring under the dash is auto....

Last edited by Thatguysstuff; 03-19-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 AM
vrroomm err vrrromm errr

Originally Posted by Thatguysstuff
Wow you are having that much trouble with it.?

slave cylinder was brand new... I put it on with the 5-speed conversion... Clutch that went on when it was put together had tons of meat on it..

maybe a leak somewhere??? master cylinder leaking???

what did you do to the wiring???

you know that car was a auto right?? you didnt remove the old Shifter plate with the harness did you...??

car has to think that its in park or N. to start... even tho its a 5-speed computer the wiring under the dash is auto....

yeah unfortunately, ive never delt with tranny or this type of issue before.

well i only replaced the slave cause some freinds thought it was the problem. and the clutch did have tons of meat on it, but the springs on it were loose and freely spinning. idk if that was an issue. i called around but no one picked up, so i just said fuck it we got it off i minus well replace it.

i figured it might the master, ill give it a look, i just been pulling my hair out lately and been trying to figure out rie situations.

and i didnt do anything to the wiring besides take if off everything that was connected about the tranny, and around it.

yeah lol you told me it was an auto when i first saw it, shifter plate? is that located on the boot? wait you said harness.. iv never delt with a shifter plate. fill me in please. do you think i did something wrong?

mm well i started it in 1 and reverse before, cause it was so stiff i couldnt start it and put it in gear, so i would have to turn the car on in gear.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Professional Hustler.

does it make a noise when your driving it? could possibly be your throw out bearing.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:02 AM
vrroomm err vrrromm errr

well thats what i thought when i pulled off the tranny, cause it seemed loose, but i fixed it when i put it back. but do i didnt make noise, it was just real stiff to go in gears. like serious work out.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:19 AM
vrroomm err vrrromm errr

its No Longer Stuck In Reverse!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Professional Hustler.

Maybe a bent shift fork? hard to say when im not there.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 AM

had the same issue wit my car. switched out the master cylinder and it is working fine now. jus b cautious cause the first cylinder i got was defective so i had to get the company i bought it from to replace it.