Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

ls question

Old 03-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Bori300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ls question

Ok well here is my question... I am picking up a running ls longblock from my old auto tech teacher from high school.. It came out of a 94 teggy the only thing is that the car was auto.. And I want the long block 2 put in my eg which is 5speed.. But I'm buying just the long block because I have my 5speed b16 tranny 2 use.. My question is will I have any problems with this??? Are the long block diff from auto 2 maunel??? Is so what would I have to do to make it work??? I'm thinking it should be the same.. But I want 2 make sure b4 I start puting it in.. Thanks

TR "Old Skool DA" Member #55
Old 03-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Garage Slut

No you will need a manual rear bracket and a auto to manual tranny mount.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 AM
starting over

woa woa woa....my ls motor was origionally an auto and it bolted right up to my old ls tranny before i swapped it to a b16 tranny after i converted to vtec. as far as i know the blocks and mounts are the same. you just need the b series into eg mounts. youll have extra wires from your long block that are used for the sensors on the auto tranny, but u can just tape them off and hide them if u want. you dont need them bc the manual ecu does not pick them up. as far as i know, i dont have an auto to manual tranny mount.....ive just got the b series into eg stuff.

RIP PABLO AKA FATHEAD.....YOU WILL BE MISSED!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Bori300

Originally Posted by sleepinsol
woa woa woa....my ls motor was origionally an auto and it bolted right up to my old ls tranny before i swapped it to a b16 tranny after i converted to vtec. as far as i know the blocks and mounts are the same. you just need the b series into eg mounts. youll have extra wires from your long block that are used for the sensors on the auto tranny, but u can just tape them off and hide them if u want. you dont need them bc the manual ecu does not pick them up. as far as i know, i dont have an auto to manual tranny mount.....ive just got the b series into eg stuff.
thanks reped yea thats what i tought that it should be the same but i just wanted to make sure

Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Bori300

Originally Posted by Nandosol
No you will need a manual rear bracket and a auto to manual tranny mount.
i shouldnt need an auto to manual trany mount because im not doing an auto to manual swap.. my eg is 5speed just that the long block was in an auto car and im using my b16 tranny

Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 AM
hatchback1994

If y already have a 5 speed B-series tranny in your car, all u have to do is drop the motor and yuor done. If not like said above u just need the eg B-series mounts
Old 03-18-2009, 10:25 AM

I think he may have refered to it as "auto to manual mount" because when you buy just that mount from a manufacturer (say innovative) they refer to it as "auto to manual" assuming that you are going auto to manual because your just buying that one mount. Essentially it is just a manual tranny mount.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 PM
DC Crew Member #1

If it's anything like the DA's, the auto to manual tranny mount is actually a CONVERSION mount. I know the automatic da's use a different mounting location on the actual car than the manual ones. Innovative is the one who told me that bit of info after we bought a auto da and converted it to manual and ordered just standard manual mounts for a b-series and they wouldn't bolt in correctly. I don't know if the eg's are the same in this area but I just want to throw this out there to clear up some info about the auto to manual mount being the same as a manual mount because it IS NOT.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Garage Slut

Oh my bad I thought the shell was AUTO. Sry I suck at life

Youre right the B series into EG manual mounts work just fine.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Bori300

Originally Posted by Nandosol
Oh my bad I thought the shell was AUTO. Sry I suck at life

Youre right the B series into EG manual mounts work just fine.
lol nah bro thanks 4 your input tho reped