Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

replacing my head

Old 02-23-2009, 10:39 AM
In the making...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing my head

Ok so I had another thread on here.. but Ive come a ways sence then so here it goes.. I am in the process of replacing my head on my D16Z6. I have about everything disconnected. Now what I am wondering, do I have to take off the rocker arm assembly and the cam and all that? Im going by the book on this one and it says I have to.. why is that? and also Im trying to figure out whether or not I should keep my intake mani on or if I should take it off.. which is easier? Thanks honda tech
need to fill ur vtec fluid back up, thats why, its located in the back of the block, the little black box.
^^Lmao this shit was just funny
Old 02-23-2009, 12:26 PM
No more Vtec!

are you replacing the internals of the head or the entire head? either way, its easier to take off the intake mani. in order to get to the valves, you dont HAVE to take off the rocker assembly. Honda made them so you can just take out the camshafts and lift the rockers to access the valve springs. If your sending it to a machine shop, i would take the rocker assmbly off. I sent mine with it on and they took em out and threw them all in a box. it was a pain to sort through and pur back on.

If you do take the rockers off, just make sure you put them back on the bar where they go.

It depends what your trying to do with the head.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:28 PM

if your just changing the head you dont have to do any of that... just take the head off lol
Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 PM
No more Vtec!

^exactly!!!

PM me if you need any help