Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

h-series in to acorrd HELP!!!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Bori300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h-series in to acorrd HELP!!!!!

ok guys let me start by saying what it is... its a jdm h22 in to a 92 accord.. we got it in last night.. so as we speake the h22 is siting in the accord.. now the problem is we cant get the tranny mount 2 bolt up as there is no space... and we took off the tranny mount off the tranny 2 get it in cuz it was like the only way we could get it in... we are using all acord mounts except the tranny mounts its the only 1 that bolt patterns wont bolt up 2 the h22 tranny... So my question is what do i do lol... do i use the prelude mount like we are using??? im not even 100% sure its a prelude mount cuz that mount came with the engine and we bought the engine off of a online site.. maybe its an jdm acord mount and that y it dosnt fit or is there a diffrence??? i dont kno what else 2 do only thing i can think off is take it out and put the tranny side in first 2 see if we can bolt it up but it took forever to get it in there lol.... so does anybody have anyideas or knows wat 2 do... or someone that has done this b4 maybe swing by and take a look at it and help us out??? thanx tr

TR "Old Skool DA" Member #55
Old 10-25-2008, 11:33 AM

check out cb7tuner.com or accordclub.com...even honda-tech.com...you should be able to use all accord mounts, how bad is the accord tranny mount off by?
TR "Old Skool" DA member #60

Santos618 - Xbox 360 gamertag
GTA4
Forza 4
Madden 12
open to any good online games, i just suck at shooters lol
Old 10-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Bori300

Originally Posted by Santos
check out cb7tuner.com or accordclub.com...even honda-tech.com...you should be able to use all accord mounts, how bad is the accord tranny mount off by?
yea thanx i went 2 cb7tuner.com found out what we had 2 do.. we have 2 use the accord mount but the problem is that it the studs off the tranny that u bolt the mount 2 wont line up... so what u do is u take the 2 back studs off get a tap and a 11/32 drill bit and on the trany there is 2 hole already there u just gotta use the drill bit and then tap it and put the stude in and it while aline up the mount so it will line up... i dont kno if that made any sense 2 u guys but ima try 2 get some pix 4 future refrence in case someone else has this problem... Cuz evrybody told me i have 2 use the accord mount yea there right but they didnt tell me i had 2 drill 2 holes and tap u kno.. but thanx bro

Old 10-25-2008, 07:55 PM

no problem, i knew there was drilling involved but didnt know exactly where and what bit...glad u found the info...we need more swapped accords.
TR "Old Skool" DA member #60

Santos618 - Xbox 360 gamertag
GTA4
Forza 4
Madden 12
open to any good online games, i just suck at shooters lol
Old 10-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Bori300

Originally Posted by Santos
no problem, i knew there was drilling involved but didnt know exactly where and what bit...glad u found the info...we need more swapped accords.
yea we do lol