Old 10-01-2008, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Has No Power Help Help 94

Ok I Got A New Main Relay Still No Power
Tested All Fuses All Ok
Jump A Power Wire To Fuel Pump And It Comes On So I Know Its Good
Under The Hood Fuses All Good
Tested The Power Supply From Relay To Fuel Pump Has Continuity

What Am I Overlooking. The Only Thing I Can Thing Of Is The Ign Switch But How Can I Test That To See If Thats My Problem Again I Know The Fuel Pump Is Good And Main Relay Was Replaced With New And Even Tryed My Friends Out Of His Running Hatch Still No Power
All Fuses Are Good Help
Old 10-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey its that guy!!

sounds like ignition switch....

Ive also had some wiring go bad under the dash so the main relay would not turn on...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:00 PM

is the main relay clicking and turning the check engine light off????

if not either the ecu is bad or its not getting any power..try jumping the power wire on the ecu to a 12vt sorce that comes on with the key...and MAKE SURE you look up the diagrams to find the right wire so you dont fry your whole car
Old 10-01-2008, 07:12 PM

is the relay clicking on for a few seconds and then click off? unplug the main relay and test to see if its getting power when the key is on. recheck the fuses. if you wanna test the ignition, the wires are labeled on the back just pull off the column cover and bust out your tester. if theyre not lebeled then just test em all. ony 2 shouldnt have power, the ground and the starter wire. if one doesnt jump it with a paper clip for a second and see if the relay clicks then, if it does get a new switch from the junk yard, and get me one too
Old 10-01-2008, 07:34 PM

main relay is clicking when i turn the ignition to the on position and i also tryed a different ecu i will try fucking with the ignition wiring and will let you know what happens thanks and keep the trouble shooting comming, engine light comes on and turns off like it should so no eng codes hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. thanks tr
Old 10-02-2008, 04:35 AM

ing switch looks to be good has power in all but 1 which i believe is the ground wtf
Old 10-02-2008, 05:39 AM

now you need to see if the main relay is putting out power to the fuel pump. check it right at the main relay. remember it only gets power for a few seconds after you turn the key, so youll need to set up yer tester, then turn they key and watch the readings.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:51 PM

ok i used the main relay yell/green and ran my own wiring from the relay straight to the pump. turn the key it primes turn the key to on position and car starts so i think that the wiring is fucked up from the relay to the fuel pump i looked at the wiring schmatics in the haynes manual and it shows the relay, and a direct run to the fuel pump using the yel/green wire i am chasing the wire back from the fuel pump to were ever it goes under the dash so i will let you know. feel free to comment on this issues thanks pat
and again thanks to all members who respond i will update this as soon as i can
Old 10-03-2008, 04:22 AM

traced the wire under the dash but couldnt find any damage wiring so i figure i would go deeper started to take out the fuse box and unplug all the clips reinstalled everthing now its working fine this was a crazy problem and hope it is fixed for good thanks again pat