Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

No O2 censor on my ls

Old 09-28-2008, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No O2 censor on my ls

well im running a ls on boost but i have no O2 censor, I wanted to run a Air fuel gage but i have no o2 censor to tap off i am running 3 inch all the way back if that matters...???? thanks alot! chris
Old 09-29-2008, 12:02 AM
DC Crew Member #1

You can still insert a standard o2 sensor in the bung and run just the gauge with it because you are probably going to run the $40 one from autozone that doesn't really tell you anything but has lots of flashing lights correct?...if that is the case spend the money elsewhere on the car because you already must have a tune to not be running and o2 sensor which means you don't need to see air/fuel unless you are running a wideband and are still tuning it yourself.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:33 AM

See im not sure, I am running a tune crome 1, but ill be taking the car back to john vega for a real good tune the air fuel lights up but doesnt move cuz its got no o2 i thought if i run an 02 censor it will try to adjust shit ( which isnt good?). I just wana know if im running rich or lean. thanks for the input. and look forward to hearing what you think. If you need me to take pics i can but i leave here at 6:45 am so if u reply back b 4 then i can send you some pics of my gauges! As you can prolly tell im still learning lol so i thank you for your help! Chris
Old 09-29-2008, 04:37 AM

Chris,

You need a wideband oxygen sensor gauge kit.

What is a wideband oxygen sensor?
A wideband oxygen sensor is a sensor which allows you to monitor parts air to fuel. Most people have the preconception that a basic autometer air/fuel guage using the stock oxygen sensor in their vehicle will give them all the information they need about being in a lean or rich condition. This information is false, the factory narrowband oxygen sensor will not provide you with an accurate reading because the oxygen sensor is a narrowband sensor which does not have a wide enough of a range to accurately sense air/fuel mixtures needed to properly tune a vehicle.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 09-29-2008, 07:49 AM
aspiring luder

if the O2 isn't hooked up to the ECU it won't change anything
Old 09-29-2008, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by jlude90
if the O2 isn't hooked up to the ECU it won't change anything
This is not the case when you are running an engine management system such as crome, ectune, hondata, neptune & it is properly setup not to use an o2 sensor....

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 AM
DC Crew Member #1

Just don't worry about using the gauge because from what you say it is just a basic a/f gauge. You are wasting your time using anything other than a wide-band sensor. Also, if you try to tune your car with that autometer type gauge you can seriously mess something up. Just go to vega the first time and be happy. Do it once not twice and you'll save money in the long run.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
aspiring luder

how is that not the case?

you hook up an O2 to a gauge, and the ECU is not in the mix, not getting signal and not changing anything

where was i wrong?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by jlude90
how is that not the case?

you hook up an O2 to a gauge, and the ECU is not in the mix, not getting signal and not changing anything

where was i wrong?
If you read what I posted:
Originally Posted by mtber
This is not the case when you are running an engine management system such as crome, ectune, hondata, neptune & it is properly setup not to use an o2 sensor....
What I was stating is that the o2 sensor can be disabled on a properly tuned vehicle.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:51 PM
aspiring luder

i know that, what i was saying is that he said he didn't want one for it changing his tune, and all i was saying was it doesn't have to run to the ECU

i think we got our wires crossed