Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

D16z6 lossing its charge when off. *HELP*

Old 08-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Fukthieves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16z6 lossing its charge when off. *HELP*

Hello,

Recently whenever I try to turn my car on it takes a few tries. Its almost as if the battery were dead or the alternator were bad. It cant be those cuz I just bought a new battery 3 months ago. My thoughts are that my distributor might be the problem. Could i have a bad coil? Or could it be something else. Help, Thanks.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:23 PM
engine building &best

could be your fuel pump,wait it takes alot cranks to turn it over,or when you try and start it it does nothing

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?

Last edited by rangcrx; 08-19-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Fukthieves

Damn my fuel pump now? Wait why? When i turn it over it just dimms the lights but doesnt turn on
Old 08-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Cool Runnings

Was going to say fuel pump also, but if your light dims when you try to start it could be loose or corroded battery terminals. Also it could be a ground issue. Come to think of it it could be the battery as well. Just because you got it three months ago doesn't mean that it can't go bad. Have the battery and the altenator tested and go from there.

She can pop it she can lock it ........ I'M IN LOVE WITH A HONDA

R.I.P. DELROY MANDERSON SR. 1-30-73 ~ 9-19-02

THE FEW
THE STRONG
THE BRAVE
NATURALLY ASPIRATED

TR "OLD SKOOL EF MEMBER" #05
Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 PM

turn the key on, listen for the fuel pump to buzz for a few seconds, if it does this, then rule that out for now

take your car to autozone, advance auto or whatever and get the battery tested to see if its good and keeps a charge.. you can also have them test your alternator while the cars running to see if it keeps recharging.. but if it was bad, your car wouldn't be eventually starting.. it might for a couple times but eventually the battery would be dead because it isnt getting recharged..

so get those tested.. check to see if its that fuel pump (doubt it) and then come back
Old 08-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Fukthieves

Hey got the battery checked along with the alternator and they both checked out 100%. It actually hasnt been giving me any trouble lately but i still wanna figure out wtf it is. Thanks for the help*****