honda ECU question Mtber,alpha,anyone

Old 08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
engine building &best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda ECU question Mtber,alpha,anyone

do you know what this controls

Shot with SAMSUNG at 2008-08-04
Shot with SAMSUNG

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?

Last edited by rangcrx; 08-04-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:31 PM

It is the primary c14 cap. If the cap fails, the ecu won't work.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 08-04-2008, 05:47 PM
engine building &best

what would make it Explode/heat up and burn right thru....as you can see i tried to use one from another ecu i had and run a jumper but im trying to find out what would make it burn out and there car just die"well i am guessing this is why the car died"

Shot with SAMSUNG at 2008-08-04

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:48 PM
engine building &best

its a 94 civic ex d16z6 automatic

Old 08-04-2008, 05:49 PM

catalytic aging.

When they get old they leak, overload and either stop working or blow up like a mini pipe bomb.

Honda of Wesley Chapel Crew Member #1

TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member # 07

TR H2B crew #2

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 PM

Capacitors fail on any electronic device over time. Capacitors don't last for ever.

Capacitors are in many electrical devices we use every day such as personal computer mother boards, tv's, radios etc.

It appears that the cap in the ecu you have has been replaced with a cap which is not the same brand/quality of the OEM cap originally used.

Generally when a capacitor fails it will damage the circuit board so badly that traces in the ecu are actually burnt so bad that they can't be re-used.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 08-04-2008, 06:06 PM
engine building &best

oh it did it burned a hole right thru the board,the cap you see in the picture is one from a p73 Ecu i had around i zapped it out and tried to fix there ecu, so it is from just old age,nothing from the wireing harness could make this happen i installed the p73 the car stumbled but fired up