Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Jamil at Brotherz Racing & we are no longer there

Old 06-05-2008, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jamil at Brotherz Racing & we are no longer there

Update: June 05 2008
Wanted to up date this and get some things straight. I've had more than a couple people ask me where I am moving, who I am working with, etc. I'm NOT moving. I've had a couple offers out of state but I am staying in Tampa. Also, people have said I am no longer tuning. This isn't true. I'm still tuning full time independtly for now

Bam and Jamal are no longer with Brotherz Racing. Bam is now at Big Valley Performance

A friend of mine that had his car at Brotherz Racing was coming by from time to time to work on it. After we left his tools were stolen out of his personal tool box His tools were finally replaced, I think, but is still owed money

Another friend of mine is still waiting a month and a half for his clutch that he paid in full for
Update: June 05 2008

After hearing a lot of stuff today I am now forced to post this. I hope it opens peoples eyes

I started at Brotherz Racing with TheRedDragon. Our good friends Dave and Rob originally sold the owner Mr J on bringing us in. Mr J's son Jaime was originally against bringing on TheRedDragon. I didn't know anything about Mr's J son. What he looked like, who he was, etc.

The first couple weeks went good. Mr J's son was only around every so often. Didnt think much of it. Then he wasnt around at all. Again. Didnt think much of it. When he was around trying to handle things while Rob took care of other affairs things just didn't get done until Rob came back around. It wasnt too bad but wasnt ideal.

I then started noticing Mr J's son Jaime would disappear with people that were not customers. Shortly after noticing that behavior Rob and I caught him selling dope in the engine building room. He denied it until the end. Even when Rob took the dope from his desk and put it on the table in front of Mr J and himself.

Over this time he was locked up a couple times. No real time due to having a good lawyer. Things were alright while he was away. He would come back and things would continue to be good for a short period of time. He would shortly after always regress. Taking money out the register. Coming to work under the influence. Various things. Then the lying begun which we are now just finding out about. Which cost Rob & Dave and TheRedDragon & I our close friendships. Mr J's son Jaime would tell TheRedDragon Rob was stealing from the company. Buying parts with the company's money. Not repaying. Things of that sort. At the same time he would tell Rob TheRedDragon was saying things about him. High school games basically. In the end Rob and Dave were made to look like the bad people. They may have made a couple bad decisions but not what Jaime made them out to be.

After Rob and Dave left things were hectic but alright up front. Once again. Jaime regresses into drugs. Coming in high. Taking money out the register. Not scheduling appointments correctly. Lying to his employees, his father, customers, etc. Once again. He is locked up. Things start to go good again. He gets back out. Things go good for a little while. Regress.

At this point things start going down hill. From shutting the shop down due to a warrant put out for his arrest. Alluding police. Putting customer's parts on the back burner. Trying to get employees to work on his car before customer cars. It goes on. I start to realise as employees our best interests are not cared for. The lying, cheating and stealing continues. False promises to customers. Scheduling mistakes. Lots of them. No customer service. Giving away hundreds of dollars worth of parts to people. This is no way to run a business. Every day we had people angry with the shop due to Jaime. We tried to help him. Many times. As did Rob and Dave. It just wasnt working.

I'm a very nice guy. One incident went over the line with me. I came in around 10:10am. The bay doors were open. One of our big customer's EVO was sitting in the middle of the parking lot. Hmmm ... I walk through the garage door to find Jaime walking out. He says something but I cant understand wtf he is saying. I can tell he had been taking prescription pills. Probably Xanax. I give myself a minute inside with the account. She is laughing. She has seen this a lot over the years. I walk back out. Cars in the garage are out of arrangement. One customer's car had been ran into an employee's, Bam, Subaru. We argue. I ask him to go home. I tell him to go home. Bam tells him to go home. Still nothing. I call his father Mr J. He comes up. We have a two hour meeting with him. Promises he will change. More lies. We later come to find out he was driving this customer's EVO around on the streets. One. That's a violation of his probation. Two. He was under the influence of prescription pills. Three. The car was on pump gas with a race gas calibration in the car. Partial throttle wouldnt have been bad but full throttle is another story. Who knows what damage this may have caused. I'm sorry Brian and Craig for this.

After this the relationship sours between us all. We the employees were forced to put the keys in a lock box where Jaime didnt have access. More and more problems keep coming up. Lying to customers constantly. Lying to employees constantly. Not coming in to work. When coming into work only focusing on his own car. This post could be pages long. In short. He should have never had the responsibility to run the business much the less be in it.

The final straw came last Friday. I came in to tune a Supra in the morning. It was on the schedule. After that I had to leave to Tennessee. TheRedDragon and I were to meet with Bullseye Power and ATI. We were going to become a master distributor for the south east. The shop should have paid for this trip but it came out of MY pocket as I put my heart into this shop and I wanted to prove this. I get a call from a friend of ours. He is at the shop. Says it's a circus. Kids are on the dyno dont know wtf they're doing. Using the lifts. Place is a mess. Someone is going to get hurt. I think he even took video. Come to find out. Once again Jaime mis-scheduled two tuning appointments. So we thought. He already had his agenda. My friend asks these kids where Alpha is. They reply "he no longer works here" Wow. I'm on a trip for this company paying out of my own pocket. This is great to know while on the interstate. A call to Jaime. Nothing but lies. A call to an employee, Bam, confirms everything that's going on. Get a call from a friend of our's that is also a customer. Not a happy one due to Jaime's dealings with him. Go figure. Says all the same stuff. One mistake on my part. I sent a text to his father stating "I am done". I never meant to implie that I quit. I couldnt get a return call from him or his father over the weekend. Which means I knew we were terminated.

We enjoyed what we could of our weekend with Bullseye Power and ATI. Great companies should I add Monday comes. We go into the shop. Pack all our tools. I speak with the other employees. Explain to them I didnt quit. Explained the situation. I'm out about $700.00 because of the trip I took for this business. And a job. The second part not a big deal as it's for the best.

I'm now finding out the tuning business I created there is being taken advantage of. Instead of being a man and forwarding what I created in tuning for the shop he offers people FREE TUNES with another tuner Way to make money

When your employees have more pride in your business there is a huge problem
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 06-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Has to many projects

I can't see how someone can run a company this way and still have customers comming in. This kids dad needs to wake up!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:38 AM
KJ
bored at work

Man Ariel still has no clutch?

Gracie Barra Clearwater Gyms in Clearwater, St. Pete and Port Richey
pm me if you are interested in trying a free class at any of the gyms.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by KJ
Ariel still has no clutch. He went there today. Said UPS tried to deliver but they didn't have a check as they are on a cod account with Competition. So it's sitting at UPS. Hopefully he will have it tomorrow but will see
* IP Web-Site

Old 06-05-2008, 09:57 AM
infraction king

one fucked up situation. Alpha, you guys are better off now.

98 E36 ///M3 Sedan
07 Civic Si Sedan
Old 06-05-2008, 10:04 AM

Bump for Alpha and X.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by -faded-
one fucked up situation. Alpha, you guys are better off now.
Thanks Faded. I agree fully with you. I just dont want people to make a mistake with their cars. And let me know when you're ready to turbo the M3
* IP Web-Site

Old 06-05-2008, 10:20 AM
infraction king

Originally Posted by Alpha
Thanks Faded. I agree fully with you. I just dont want people to make a mistake with their cars. And let me know when you're ready to turbo the M3
been tossing the idea around but its an expensive car to boost correctly

98 E36 ///M3 Sedan
07 Civic Si Sedan
Old 06-05-2008, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by KJ

10.6@136 k20
ALPHA TUNING For all of your tuning needs 7275051423 Induction Performance

BUILT BY KJ
Old 06-05-2008, 02:12 PM