Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Ls/Vtech HELP is it worth it?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:20 PM
I have a stuttter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls/Vtech HELP is it worth it?

Ok iv been looking into Ls/Vtec for about a week now and the TECH: LS/VTEC review didnt help much i still don't know what to think. why i wont to do this is well i just got a 1994 integra with a B18b1 in good shape. every time i think i make up my mind on it i change my decision. some says its worth it and then some one else says no its not. and the biggest thing i hear about the Ls/vetc is the reliability. and i have aces to a b16b head and all the parts i need for cheap.

so if the good people of TR could help out thanks.

is it worth it?

whats the wright way to do it? meaning how to build it wright.

What are some good things to have to put in to the swap? like ecu so on.

and how to fix the reliability problem?

and just for the hech of it dose any one think that it could make it oooo lets say 451.18 miles in 7 houres and not break down?

would love some help thanks.

Last edited by top_acel; 04-01-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I have a stuttter

bump
Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 PM
love hondas ftw

the right way to do it iis by hitting spell check ,, its ls/vtec ,, vtech is a phone name

if you dont know much about hondas then you shouldnt just jump rite into a ls/v build you should find a stock motor and work your way up from there and learn about the car and motors allowed to go in them , the way that i assume that you did nissans .
but if you want a ls/vtec have someone build it for you if you dont know what your doing is all im trying to say
|_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**"""""""(@)(@)*****"(@)
Old 03-31-2008, 10:19 PM
love hondas ftw

what kind of nissan did you have before
|_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**"""""""(@)(@)*****"(@)
Old 04-01-2008, 05:40 AM
I have a stuttter

im not really maken a huge jump from nissan to honda. iv done a few swaps in hondas before. i know my way around a car. i really just wont to know what are the mane weak point on the Ls/Vtec so i can fix the problem befor hand and what are some good recommedations to put in the motor while im at it so i can get it done all at one time.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:01 AM
bored

How to build a "RELIABLE" lsvtec/b20vtec guide. - B20Vtec.Com...... B Series and Beyond
this will help you

Old 04-01-2008, 08:14 AM
starting over

upgrade the rod bolsts when you do it. the ls ones wont hold up to much abuse past 7400 rpm. if ur gonna do it right id say to replace all the bearings and have the rods at least shot peened. maybe sine ur doin that go ahead n put some b16 pistons in it to bump compression and get new rings. get the golden eagle ls vtec kit as well itl save u quite the hassle. bolt the head on with new bolts or studs. i used regular gsr head bolts. upgrade to a gsr water pump and type r oil pump just for peace of mind. what ever ecu you get make sure its been tuned! u dont want to break in your new setup and start to beat on it and have it blow up bc its not running the right amount of fuel/timing. dont cut corners and if it costs more its probably worth it.....think i covered it all.

RIP PABLO AKA FATHEAD.....YOU WILL BE MISSED!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:40 AM
I have a stuttter

upgrade the rod bolsts when you do it. the ls ones wont hold up to much abuse past 7400 rpm. if ur gonna do it right id say to replace all the bearings and have the rods at least shot peened. maybe sine ur doin that go ahead n put some b16 pistons in it to bump compression and get new rings. get the golden eagle ls vtec kit as well itl save u quite the hassle. bolt the head on with new bolts or studs. i used regular gsr head bolts. upgrade to a gsr water pump and type r oil pump just for peace of mind. what ever ecu you get make sure its been tuned! u dont want to break in your new setup and start to beat on it and have it blow up bc its not running the right amount of fuel/timing. dont cut corners and if it costs more its probably worth it.....think i covered it all.

thats like the most help that i have got yet thanks a lot thats what i need know i know where to start.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:50 AM
starting over

no problem. pm me if u need to know more.

RIP PABLO AKA FATHEAD.....YOU WILL BE MISSED!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:00 AM

thats it..... thats all you need. im on my second one. 1st didnt work out well because im retarded and tried to save some cash and used old bearings when putting it back together. tried to save some money. lol didnt work. now im going forged and using new bearings. imo ls/vtec is a good alternative. most people cant shell out the money right away for a gsr or type r. yes either choice would be more relyable but if you have the time to build your ls/vtec you will be happy. key notes, reinforce bottom end using atleast arp rod bolts if your not going forged. i would also get the rotating assy balanced. it will be the best $150.00 investment you can buy when building this motor. other than that, you might want to think about using vtec pistons. thats my 2 cents.