Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

lost power runs like crap!! help

Old 03-07-2008, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost power runs like crap!! help

Ok I got a 91 si hatch with a b18a1 swap.The other day i was driving the car and it felt like it lost a little bit of power.Every time i floor it and take it to 6 or 7 rpm the exhaust starts poping lightly and crackling and the car feels like it lost 20 or 30 hp.Im not throwing any codes i reset the ecu cleaning my injectors, replaced the fuel filter and changed the plugs and wires.this is the first time that i drove it since its been out of the shop.I took it there because my timing belt tensoiner bolt hole was stripped out.I know they pulled the motor to put a heli coil in the block and i also know that the car is on time "I checked it myself".Maybe they got a vaccum backwords or a plug missing i dont know i looked but i cant see anything missing or out of place.Also the car idles funny now When i crank it in the moring it idles high then as it warms up it dies up and down from 1000 rpm to 1500 rpm.I unpluged the tps and it stops but idles high like at 2 rpm.Whats the problem here!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:36 PM
starting over

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

plug wires in the right order? all the plugs tight? does your tach bounce up n down n not read right (thats a sign of a bad ignitor). have u checked the cap n rotor?

RIP PABLO AKA FATHEAD.....YOU WILL BE MISSED!