Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

fmu question...and more

Old 12-09-2007, 03:01 PM
My Balls Hurt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fmu question...and more

i was gonna run a small amount of boost on a fpr but iv desided since my car is down to just buy a fmu.. now my question. what ratio should i go with?.. im going runnign a small t3 on a stock block.. i want to be around 5-7psi(only have a 3.5 psi spring now i think haha) will a 12:1 be fine or ????

also on another note.. my car was knocking thought it was a rod knock but sounded like it was coming from the top end.. pulled the head today and found one of the cam bearing broke... right before this happen my oil psi went low after the motor warmed up(oil pump going out?) and now it smokes its ass off... isnt losing alot of oil(level stay the same, has alot of oil in the head).. but alot of smoke.. i know my seals are going out on my turbo but not that bad... bent vavle maybe?

i have a autometer egt gauge never let it lean out tomuch.. plugs look fine.. i dont think the motor has ever seen boost(i have a big vac leak)

any ideas?..besides drop the oil pan.. also piston look good same with the valves(from what i can see)

AIM- B16aTeggy

Last edited by B16aTeggy; 12-09-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I-VTEC, do you?

About the FMU and regulatar... Dont go into boost, just save your time and money for a real tuner... Its not that much money and you be thankful when your motor doesnt blow after 2 passes at the track.

For the other problem, do you have a oil psi gauge? whats it reading at idle? What do you mean by cam bearing? Are you talking about the cam cap? or the rocker? can you maybe get some pics? Im assuming your talking about a LS motor right?
Old 12-09-2007, 04:08 PM
My Balls Hurt

Originally Posted by itsslow
About the FMU and regulatar... Dont go into boost, just save your time and money for a real tuner... Its not that much money and you be thankful when your motor doesnt blow after 2 passes at the track.

For the other problem, do you have a oil psi gauge? whats it reading at idle? What do you mean by cam bearing? Are you talking about the cam cap? or the rocker? can you maybe get some pics? Im assuming your talking about a LS motor right?

umm im already boosted... car ran fine with the fpr... for a real tuner?.. who the fuck are u?... u can jump off that fucking high horse there buddy

im not building a track car.. im not fucking retarded.. hints why i said im running a small t3.. i want a quick spooling car for around town.. not looking at sum high hp numbers... kit is already on the car and but 100s of miles on it..

yes i have a oil psi gauge how else would i know it was getting low oil pressure?.. at first the psi was at around 70-80 at idle and 90psi at wot(seems kinda high).. but now when its warm its at 20-30 and maybe 50 at wot.(when the motor is cold psi number are normal) and yes i ment the cam caps/bearings whatever u wanna call them. i think it could have been from me not putting it on right.. but seems kinda odd thought

edit... is sumone going to answer my question or just tell me not to boost a boosted car? and no i dont plan on running a fmu forever.. just untill i find sumone to tune chrome for me.. and a place to get it..

AIM- B16aTeggy

Last edited by B16aTeggy; 12-09-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:27 PM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Why do people cheap out when they do something as drastic as boosting their motor?

Half assing it doesn't give you good results.

John vega tuns chrome i think.

phearable.net

-Winston Churchill
Old 12-09-2007, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Drama Llama
Why do people cheap out when they do something as drastic as boosting their motor?

Why can't everyone be as smart as you ?

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 12-09-2007, 04:49 PM
My Balls Hurt

Originally Posted by Drama Llama

John vega tuns chrome i think.

phearable.net

not everyone is 26 and still with the're mommy....

yes i know he does.. but im not driving over a 1000miles for him to tune my car.. sorry

AIM- B16aTeggy
Old 12-09-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by B16aTeggy
not everyone is 26 and still with the're mommy....

yes i know he does.. but im not driving over a 1000miles for him to tune my car.. sorry
1000 miles? where do you live

There are tuners everywhere. Take the car to some one with a good reputation.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:05 PM
My Balls Hurt

Originally Posted by mtber
1000 miles? where do you live

There are tuners everywhere. Take the car to some one with a good reputation.
i live in va now

there is a shop here that mostly work on honda and nissan but naw they are way over priced.. they want $500+ to tune hondata(+ the price of hondata).. i can do the work myself... the only thing i cant do is tuning.. i know sum friends with sum hp honda's they have a guy that tune the're cars but like i said i just want to run a fmu so i can drive the car on low boost..

lol so can i get an answer to what ratio i should run? or is this another off topic tr thread?

AIM- B16aTeggy
Old 12-09-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by B16aTeggy
i live in va now

there is a shop here that mostly work on honda and nissan but naw they are way over priced.. they want $500+ to tune hondata(+ the price of hondata).. i can do the work myself... the only thing i cant do is tuning.. i know sum friends with sum hp honda's they have a guy that tune the're cars but like i said i just want to run a fmu so i can drive the car on low boost..

lol so can i get an answer to what ratio i should run? or is this another off topic tr thread?
The pricing does not sound that out of this world....

If your stuck on an fmu try an adjustable FMU or run a 12:1 unit. Good luck

Old 12-09-2007, 05:29 PM
My Balls Hurt

Originally Posted by mtber
The pricing does not sound that out of this world....

If your stuck on an fmu try an adjustable FMU or run a 12:1 unit. Good luck
ok thats all i really needd to know.. friend of mine said i should run a 1:1 but cant find one... just wanted to make sure if i get a 12:1 unit im not going to lean out like crazy..

AIM- B16aTeggy