Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

fmu question...and more

Old 12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B16aTeggy
not everyone is 26 and still with the're mommy....

yes i know he does.. but im not driving over a 1000miles for him to tune my car.. sorry
It's their*.

I'm not 26,or nowhere near that age for that matter.

Just trying to help.

I'd never go with an FMU with a boosted set-up.

"Do it right the first time,or don't do it at all."

-Winston Churchill
Old 12-09-2007, 07:56 PM

ok thats all i really needd to know.. friend of mine said i should run a 1:1 but cant find one... just wanted to make sure if i get a 12:1 unit im not going to lean out like crazy..
well what fuel pump and injectors are you running? if i were you i'd get my computer chipped with a basemap for ur setup and a cartech fpr (if you dont know what im talking about look it up), it was also known as a BEGI fuel pressure regulator. It has infinitely rising ratio between 1:1 and 20:1 or something crazy like that. 12:1 will make for A LOT of fuel pressure no matter how much boost ur running. As far as having decent fuel pressure, you will definately have it, now the volume of fuel you will be flowing is a different story because that depends on the fuel pump you are running and if it can keep up with the pressure that is being requested of it. I dont believe in running FMUs and I guess the guys in here are gonna be a lil hard on people running them because they have seen/done/heard about the damage people have done to their engines using an FMU. In my opinion, if you run 440s with a basemap (chip) to support it and a Walbro 255 with a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio FPR you should be just fine. But getting it tuned is an imperative step, you may think that a $500 tune is expensive but its definately less than having to rebuild a motor.

PS: Your oil pressure readings sound fine to me...

PM me for any AC, audio, and wiring work on your vehicle. Including but not limited to car audio, alarms, gauge installs, custom clusters, full troubleshooting, big/dual fuel pump relay kits, battery relocation, factory radio iPod and amplifier integration, custom harnesses, and custom standalone ecu installs and much more! If you need it done, we can do it! Don't be afraid to inquire!

Last edited by MightyMaxGS-T; 12-09-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:51 AM
My Balls Hurt

Originally Posted by MightyMaxGS-T
well what fuel pump and injectors are you running? if i were you i'd get my computer chipped with a basemap for ur setup and a cartech fpr (if you dont know what im talking about look it up), it was also known as a BEGI fuel pressure regulator. It has infinitely rising ratio between 1:1 and 20:1 or something crazy like that. 12:1 will make for A LOT of fuel pressure no matter how much boost ur running. As far as having decent fuel pressure, you will definately have it, now the volume of fuel you will be flowing is a different story because that depends on the fuel pump you are running and if it can keep up with the pressure that is being requested of it. I dont believe in running FMUs and I guess the guys in here are gonna be a lil hard on people running them because they have seen/done/heard about the damage people have done to their engines using an FMU. In my opinion, if you run 440s with a basemap (chip) to support it and a Walbro 255 with a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio FPR you should be just fine. But getting it tuned is an imperative step, you may think that a $500 tune is expensive but its definately less than having to rebuild a motor.

PS: Your oil pressure readings sound fine to me...
thanx u.. i have a set of dsm 450's but i need the box to run them?.. and iam going to order a new fuel pump...u know of anyone i could send my ecu out and have them chip it?

AIM- B16aTeggy
Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 AM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

thanx u.. i have a set of dsm 450's but i need the box to run them?.. and iam going to order a new fuel pump...u know of anyone i could send my ecu out and have them chip it?
John Vega once again.

Even though its far.Shipping can't be that bad.

-Winston Churchill
Old 12-10-2007, 07:00 AM

i have the box to run those injectors, the only thing is i wouldnt run that with the fmu, i think i'd rather run the stock fpr with the walbro 255. i did it on a ls turbo i built. it was running 10 psi on a Super 20g with 440s, an MSD, the walbro 255, no aftermarket FPR, and a chipped ecu. I'd suggest you go with a 1:1 tho and get the Walbro 255 high pressure version, it'll give u room to grow....

PM me for any AC, audio, and wiring work on your vehicle. Including but not limited to car audio, alarms, gauge installs, custom clusters, full troubleshooting, big/dual fuel pump relay kits, battery relocation, factory radio iPod and amplifier integration, custom harnesses, and custom standalone ecu installs and much more! If you need it done, we can do it! Don't be afraid to inquire!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:03 AM

yea have john vega do a chip for u....and let him do the 2 step for u cuz its cool lol..

Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
My Balls Hurt

Originally Posted by MightyMaxGS-T
i have the box to run those injectors, the only thing is i wouldnt run that with the fmu, i think i'd rather run the stock fpr with the walbro 255. i did it on a ls turbo i built. it was running 10 psi on a Super 20g with 440s, an MSD, the walbro 255, no aftermarket FPR, and a chipped ecu. I'd suggest you go with a 1:1 tho and get the Walbro 255 high pressure version, it'll give u room to grow....
how much u want for the box? u can pm me if u want..

i have a b&m FPR right now.. is this good eought?.. iv looked everywhere for a 1:1 and cant find one

i wonder how much he charges to chip?... hopfuly he'll jump and or pm me

AIM- B16aTeggy
Old 12-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I-VTEC, do you?

If I were him, I personally wouldnt do a chip for you. sorry, but with the great reputation he has, when you blow your car up and blame it on him, im sure he wouldn't like that much.

Why are you so set on a FMU and adj. FPR? If you dont buy thoese two things you should have enough for a tune, even if it is a street tune, it will be better than a pos FMU setup. Trust me, ive owned and built plenty on Hondas, I know what im talking about. Im sure Mr. Vega will back me up on this too.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by itsslow
If I were him, I personally wouldnt do a chip for you. sorry, but with the great reputation he has, when you blow your car up and blame it on him, im sure he wouldn't like that much.

Why are you so set on a FMU and adj. FPR? If you dont buy thoese two things you should have enough for a tune, even if it is a street tune, it will be better than a pos FMU setup. Trust me, ive owned and built plenty on Hondas, I know what im talking about. Im sure Mr. Vega will back me up on this too.
People will do that they want to do.
I have had more people than I can count on my hands skimp out on tuning by going to a "street tuner" that give them a tune for 1/2 the price and a happy meal. They end up call me me about 1-3 weeks later telling me that their motor is smoking & has low compression in a couple of cylinders etc, asking me if they can setup an appointment after they rebuild their motor.

If you like rebuilding your motor every few weeks, cheap out on your engine management system!

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 12-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I-VTEC, do you?

^ lol, yeah I guess its just more work for the rest of the industry after it blows