Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

new car..new problems

Old 10-11-2007, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new car..new problems

ok 1999 civic hatch obd2 ls motor..idles extremly low..so i adjusted the idle..seems ok now but im still having some trouble..at about 1500rpms the car just stays and goes like bah bah bah bah constantly going up in down within like 50rpms... i dont really know how else to describe it..so i hope this is helpful enough..but it just hangs there and is very annoying..ive had the car like two days and i dont recall this happening..but i definitely want to fix it..thanks for any help

oh also on the throttle cable plate that connects to the IM ..its a p73 type r bracket..does this work or should i look for an ls one? not sure if they are interchangable or not... any help is appreciated thanks..
Old 10-11-2007, 01:41 PM
engine building &best

start the car and then unplug the iacv and see what happens

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:06 PM

yea i thought i did that..but after looking at the diagram again..i realized i unhooked the wrong tube...and what happend was it jumped up to like 2500rpm and starting doing what its doing now at 1500rpms....did i fk something up or maybe disconnecting the battery/resetting the ecu fix????
Old 10-11-2007, 02:13 PM
engine building &best

battery might work if you think it was fixed..there are no other lose hoses right

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:38 PM

not that i know of...after drivin it its definitely never done it before..its like bouncing like when u cant drive stick ya know..like ugh ugh ugh..so i think imma attempt the battery thing since i dont know what else it could be..
thanks for the help
Old 10-11-2007, 03:57 PM

undid the battery and no results..still the bouncing...i honestly dont know what happend..
Adjusting your idle speed (Gen3) - Team Integra
in that link the 3rd pic..the tube it says to unhook BEHIND the tube shown...i unhooked the tube shown..that is the ONLY thing i can think of..but..how do i fix it????
Old 10-11-2007, 04:04 PM

Is the car throwing any codes ?

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 10-11-2007, 04:05 PM

no..no check engine light or any codes from the ecu..i removed the kick panel over the ecu and no flashes down there...
Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Eluzzionz
no..no check engine light or any codes from the ecu..i removed the kick panel over the ecu and no flashes down there...
The issue could be tons of things. Diagnosing over the internet is not exactly a good idea.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 PM

this is the tube i removed while the car was running....rpms went to like 2500rpm and they stayed but the car was bouncin around in those rpms..