Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

1997 civic ex

Old 02-07-2001, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I just got my short shifter. I already removed the center consol and everything and I dono where to from there...how do I remove the original shifter? do I have to go under the car ? any help appreciated

<FONT COLOR=#a8a8a8 SIZE=1 FACE=Verdana Arial>This message has been edited by agoldy on 02-07-2001 at 08:56 PM</font>
Old 02-07-2001, 06:35 PM
Livin' in Seattle

With the center console removed youll have to get an axe and hack away the stock shifter....

Just joking ya youll have to jack up the car. To make things easy disconnect the exhaust piping then undo the bolts holding the shift linkage to the shifter. To get them off youll need a 10mm open end wrench to stop the bolts from turning. Not a hard install just basically loosen bolts and then put them back on.

I dont see how you people can drive with those things. The shifter is pretty far down there as it is if you shorten the length Id imagine it being a bitch to shift. But then Im a big guy so Ive gotta scoot the seat back pretty far.
Old 02-07-2001, 07:47 PM

Hey Bill you know anything about TPS sensor?? As of how to recognize if it fails..if its not working right is there a way to correct it or is it just trash and get a new one? Greatly Appreciate !
Old 02-07-2001, 08:15 PM
Livin' in Seattle

if its failing youll be able to tell because of engine stuttering or a CEL blinking on.
You can easily check it with a multimeter but make sure you have some long probe extensions and that you dont puncture the weather seal on the connectors. Youve also gotta know the voltage variance so you can base your results against it.
Old 02-07-2001, 09:37 PM

Thanx Yall I got it done