Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

need new suspension set up any ideas???

Old 12-16-2000, 07:03 PM
gamehen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have ground controls with tokico adjustables on my eg hatch right now and the ride is really rough on my daily trip to work everyday. has anyone used suspension techniques with stock springs? any help would be great! -john

NS Racing
Old 12-16-2000, 08:42 PM
Look At Me America

Loosen up your Tokicos. What spring rates are your ground controls????

------------------
ROCKY
TEG Widower
Hatch Builder
**see the back of that hatch??? get used to it

Old 12-16-2000, 08:45 PM
Look At Me America

I have several options for you varying in price.

A) Raise your car UP. This is the most common cause of crappy rides in cars with coilovers. Too little suspension travel causes you to bottom out which can give you a very bad ride.

B) Play with the compression and rebound settings on the Tokicos. Could easily solve your problem in conjunction with solution A

C) Order softer springs from Ground Control. The softer spring rate could solve your problem.

D) Replace the Tokicos with Koni shock absorbers. I have many satisfied customers with Konis and used them many times in my own personal cars.

E) Try a full threaded body coilover like the ones from Apex-i. I just installed these on my Civic and I am very impressed with the ride quality. Not the absolute greatest for handling (at least for me Im very demanding) or racing but a great street coilover. They retail for 1200.00 but street prices are a little lower than that.

One of these options is bound to solve your problems. Good luck.

------------------
John
Tampa Racing Moderator of For Sale Local Scene News and Honda/Acura Tech forums.

vapor.trail@gte.net
Those with golf balls golf.
Those with real balls race.

All about me. Everything youve never wanted to know...

Old 12-18-2000, 06:32 AM
Livin' in Seattle

How low is your drop?
Im betting that when you dropped your ride you did it pretty low and didnt bother to get to reset the suspension components (a good alignment shop can do this for you). You may have ripped some bushings. With adjustable shocks you shouldnt have a problem a rough ride since you can control spring oscillation.
Old 12-19-2000, 12:54 PM
TR Registered Member #5

Koni adj and neuspeed race i love my combo

------------------

No more Zex for me! Only Venom!

http://www.geocities.com/markaccord95
www.superhonda.com/projects/accordproject

Editor - Stangtv.com - Dragzine.com

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed manual Sterling Gray Metallic - New Project Car
SCT SF3 - FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack - Vortech 597 RWHP 476 lb/ft - 7.5 PSI

1965 Mustang - Blow thru Dart SBF 427ci with a Paxton NOVI-2500
Hydraulic roller, 91 octane, 1030HP

Old 12-19-2000, 04:05 PM

Hello new to the board.
In any case I use to have the Konis on my car with an H&R springs> I dint really like the way the Konis were put together and they made alot of noise especially in the right rear. Now I have H&R coilovers they cost a pretty penny but the ride is 100% better and I love the way they handle.Took me like 7 months to get them though cause alot of the sets are are spoken for for racing use.
Old 12-23-2000, 03:36 PM

i have tokico adj and eibach pro kit which only lower my eg 1 the ride is just as good as stock
Old 01-07-2001, 08:17 AM

Like QuickF20c said; A full threaded coilver system will provide the best ride quality and overall adjustability for the money.

Is is right most of these systems will cost a pretty penny but you will be getting height and dampening control with most of them. Assuming you have a Honda there are bunch of companies that offer those systems. I have the Apexi N1 Dampers which offers 13 way damping and ride height adjustability but you can get the WS series for a much lower price. Unless you find a deal.. I got mines for $750.00 the owner(my cousing) had them for a month only. Here are other companies to consider.

TEIN
H&R
Neuspeed

and theres lot more to search around

just trying to contribue
Old 01-07-2001, 05:14 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by low4cyl:
Hello new to the board.
In any case I use to have the Konis on my car with an H&R springs> I dint really like the way the Konis were put together and they made alot of noise especially in the right rear. Now I have H&R coilovers they cost a pretty penny but the ride is 100% better and I love the way they handle.Took me like 7 months to get them though cause alot of the sets are are spoken for for racing use.
Are you sure you put them on right? Ive got Koni Yellows with H&R sport springs and Ive got no noise at all. I am however not too fond of the way the spring perch is held (just a basic clip) but other than that Im extremely satisfied with the setup.