Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Turbo Compressors

Old 12-25-2000, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to turbo charge my 99 dx not planning on breaking any speed records but I do want the most bang for my buck. The motor hasnt got enough miles on it yet to do a DOHC Vtec transplant I wanna see waht I can do with the 1.6 SOHC non-vtec.
In any case Im wondering if anyone can tell me what is the best size turbo compressor to run on this stock motor.
My plans later are to change the cam to a relativly mild one I got a cam gear on the way It already has an Apexi exhaust and intake.
Do you think it would be better to turbo charge it or a Venom System?
Any help would be greatly appriciated
Old 12-26-2000, 04:58 PM

Yes! Nitrous they are bang for the buck alright. Bottle is empty or turned off now what u going to do??Tell the guy to wait so you can turn it on or refill it?? haha Anyhow i would definitly go turbo something for street a Greddy kit would be nice baby turboconsidering a stock 1.6 motor
And for cam gears......USELESS! cam gears dont work too well on SOHC`s...i would`ve sold you my turbo if you would`ve speak up sooner.
Old 12-26-2000, 06:38 PM

well the only reason I was going to put on a cam gear on the sohc was because i was planning on running nos and I was going to use it to retard the timing so that I wouldnt have any detonation going on.
Old 12-27-2000, 07:30 AM
Look At Me America

I believe you are talking about ignition timing when you talk about detonation...that can be controlled with your car in stock form. The cam gear is going to adjust your cam timing.

------------------
ROCKY
TEG Widower
Hatch Builder
**see the back of that hatch??? get used to it

Old 12-27-2000, 02:31 PM

You know your right. I knew that for some reason I never thought of it. I must look pretty stupid now.