Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Wouldn't go into 4th gear

Old 09-09-2007, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wouldn't go into 4th gear

Friday night I was at the track, everything going good and then I tried to get into 4th gear, pulled the shifter back and it felt like it was all the way back like normal but when I gassed it no 4th gear, it felt like it just wasn't there, I was shifting near redline as I was at the track. Now the thing is when I am just driving normally, no problem getting into 4th gear. I went down the track one more time thinking well maybe I just somehow missed 4th gear, I never miss 4th gear, it's probably the easiest gear imo not to miss since it's just straight back. Get down the track again shift to 4th gear and nothing again, WTF??? This time I think I did engine damage cause I thrashed the hell out of the engine and I didn't feel the rev limiter working. My engine now sounds like a Subaru WRX, that's another question, bent valves or what? This btw is on a GSR turbo Civic. Any ideas on both question??
Old 09-09-2007, 04:12 PM
starting over

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like u over revved n bent a valve. as far as the tranny goes.....could b the synchro not wanting to go into 4th at whatever ur redline is. i think the only real way to tell is to pull the tranny apart n c. it could also b a bent shift fork. u could also have fried ur rings, but i doubt that happened (sometims that makes em sound like a subie).

RIP PABLO AKA FATHEAD.....YOU WILL BE MISSED!