Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Halo Issue

Old 08-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I race sailboats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo Issue

I recently traded my oem headlights for some Halo Projectors, I dont care if people think theyre ricey, I love the way they look.

Anydangway, I took off the OEM lights, unplugged the light bulb and plugged in the projectors to the harness. No problems so far. The wires for the halos (seperate set of power/ground, two pairs per light) look like theyve never been used, so I get my wiring stuff. I strip the wires, wind both the blacks together and crimp them to a bolt ground. I wind the red wires together with an extension wire to run it out to the power for my running lights/blinkers, which had already been cut and crimped together with a butt splice by the previous owner. I cut the butt splice, and simply replaced it while incorporating my third extension. I double check everything, then mount the light to the front cross member, and repeat the process in the exact same way on the other side.

This is what it looked like by then.

Now time for the test. I turn the light switch to on, both head lights light right up. Then the brights, they flick right on as well. Everything is well aligned, and Im feeling good. The I click it back to just the running lights to check the halos. This is what I see:

All of the wires seem to be solid, and there is no visible damage to any. I disconnected the headlight and took it off the car, undid my wiring and connected the wires directly to the battery posts, again, only this one halo would light. I would think LEDs had a much longer life than this. Can anyone tell me how I would replace the LEDs, or the entire Halo itself? We tried to inspect the halo from the outside, but the plastic outer cover was siliconed to the point of being everything proof, so we werent able.

Good advice = 2000 rep points for you.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 08-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I race sailboats

Nobody?

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 08-21-2007, 01:11 PM

i had a friend with this problem turned out the wire on the actual halo ring in the lights were exposed you have to be really car full taking out of a car check that out man good luck