Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Broken Motor Mount = Loss of power?

Old 05-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Mr. Stealyogirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Motor Mount = Loss of power?

so my question is, if u have a broken motor mount would u loose power/torque? i would think so some friends so yes but this is really worrying me because my car is fucking slow!!!!! and it was untill i broke the front left motor mount..lmk asap thanx TR

Lurkin' in a hood near YOU!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:12 PM

If the mounts are broken you are going to loose some whp because the motor is moving around so much on pulls but I dont think braking your left motor mount is going to make you lose much power!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:29 PM
aspiring luder

it won't make you lose power, it'll make then engine put the power to the wheels less efficiently, but shouldn't be too niticeable, just window weld that bish
Old 05-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Mr. Stealyogirl

well its deffiently noticable, and the left front is the one next 2 the drivers strut tower, not the one on the tranny

Old 05-01-2007, 04:54 PM

If its that noticeable as your making it seem... maybe something else is broken aswell thats causing your loss of power!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:58 PM

u will feel vibration noticeable...
when your car is at idle...
Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 PM

as others have stated already, your engine is not creating less horsepower but u are losing power being generated at the wheels.

the driver's side upper mount is the most important mount, get it fix ASAP.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Mr. Stealyogirl

thanx for the feedback, i see what you guys are saying and it makes perfect sense, i didnt actually mean my motor was creatin less hp i was askin if it would thow off the displacement and all that, thanx guys u cleared up my question and i ordered hasports so ill be good!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:32 AM
BOB
Too Old & Too Poor

The only thing I lost when my driver's side mount broke was the cruise control which got ripped apart. Although I did lose the integrity of my hood as well, which is now sporting some nice dents and bent areas from the wastegate and valve cover smacking into it.

Last edited by BOB; 05-03-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 AM

You can add a damper mount to the driver side. Cheap ones on ebay are about 45.00 up to about 150.00 for name brand. I put a Weapon damper on recently due to a couple of broken driver mounts in recent weeks. I also reinstalled the front bottom to frame rail mount. Between these, I can feel a better transfer of power to the ground and idle is smoother.
Best way to look at it is your engine spins the flywheel, sending torque to the axles, to the wheels, to the ground. If part of that torque is intercepted before the axles and is used to move the motor, which is what happens when mounts are broken, that is energy lost to the wheels.
I'm no engineer, but physics would seem to dictate once a motor on broken mounts reaches the end of its flex journey, full power is available, but you would go through the same process of initial loss on each shift. In other words, it isn't likely a loss you would see on a dyno, but would in the 1/4 mile.
Wheel hop is another consequence with broken mounts, as well as vibration, etc.