Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

new set up

Old 02-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Team 'Petersburg Puller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new set up

so after one month in tally and only a few runs with the locals, my car was stolen. it was wrecked. it's a mess. i'm being blamed for it. i have a lawyer. i have no transportation. insurance won't cover it. what do i do?

should i buy a cheap crx or civic hatch shell and drop in my LS? what do i do with the rest of the mangled car? some things can be parted out, i'm sure. where can some good info be gathered on this kind of application? i've searched honda-tech and this site for "LS in crx" and "B18 into crx" ect, with no real luck. any help/ suggestions for getting me back on the road again are greatly appreciated. thank you

www.floridasportsman.com

Originally Posted by P057
"Wow I had a hard time understanding that... but from what I gather you found an open-box item that wasn't cheaper. You bought it anyways. You then called someone a dumbass while making fun of their misfortune of losing a job as you were leaving the store?

I'm surprised you were able to get out the store with that big "SUCKER" sign affixed to your back.
"
Old 02-06-2007, 11:52 AM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

insurance wont cover it meaning... you dont have theft protection? or they are denying the theft claim?

first thing - ask the lawyer about messing with the wrecked car. he may advise you that it should stay as it was when found for court/evidence reasons.

second - talk to the insurance company, as most offer reduced price rentals for their clients when the client has filed a claim with them.

if they arent covering it, or you dont have theft insurance, and the lawyer doesnt need the old car in one piece, then go get a shell.

sorry to hear it bro, g/l with the thief bastard and the insurance bastard.

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball
Old 02-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Team 'Petersburg Puller

thanks a lot man. i don't have theft protection. i don't plan on doing anything to this car untill my name is cleared, of course. where can i find some on-line resources on swapping my engine into the shell? i want to start reading up this so i can formulate a game plan and figure out what i need.

www.floridasportsman.com

"Wow I had a hard time understanding that... but from what I gather you found an open-box item that wasn't cheaper. You bought it anyways. You then called someone a dumbass while making fun of their misfortune of losing a job as you were leaving the store?

I'm surprised you were able to get out the store with that big "SUCKER" sign affixed to your back.
"
Old 02-06-2007, 01:13 PM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

id say your best bet for write-ups on swaps would probably be honda - tech . com or hondaswap . com, both of those have some pretty decent info on swaps...

if u dont have theft, the insurance obviously wont cover a claim as a theft, but you might be able to stretch it to cover another driver on your car... if your insurance does that, (and just work it like your buddy had been driving and got in an accident)...

talk to the lawyer, he will know best.

g/l.

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball
Old 02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Team 'Petersburg Puller

thanks again

www.floridasportsman.com

"
Old 02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
smokes weed...everyday.

an ls into a crx is easy. I would definitly suggest converting to obd1 when you do it though for ease of future tuning/tinkering.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 02-06-2007, 01:56 PM

i'd wait till after the courts over to see if your insurance company will compensiate you
Old 02-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Team 'Petersburg Puller

95gainfla got any suggestions as to where i can find more info?

www.floridasportsman.com

"
Old 02-06-2007, 05:33 PM
smokes weed...everyday.

Originally Posted by Lookin2GoFA$T
95gainfla got any suggestions as to where i can find more info?
well, hate to let this site get any more of an ego as it is, but here is where i would start.

just post up any questions you'd like to know, and either me or someone else would gladly help out

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 02-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Redrocket part 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bro kyle thats horrible to hear! and i was actually gonna be hitting you up next week about the header but if you pm me i'll tell you more details on that... haha but yeah man if you need anything just lmk i'll do what i can to help. if you get an eg shell it would probably be the easiest one to do a swap into. then you only have to do minor mods. but the motor should basically just drop right in using your mounts n stuff there is more to it but just lmk any questions you may have.

Current Cars

05 ZX6R FOR SALE! Help me pay for school PM me for info.
95 Civic EX 4dr- D.D.
99 GMC Sierra 5.3l ext. cab. Under construction
05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636R Plasma Blue