Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Twin Turbo Civic????

Old 01-20-2007, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo Civic????

I was searchin the web for a turbo kit when i came across a forum talkin about a twin turbo Civic..why would you do such a thing?

Last edited by GSXRBOI669; 03-19-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Im as loyal as my options

enhances vtec maybe??
Old 01-20-2007, 07:00 AM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

Originally Posted by GSXRBOI669
I was searchin the web for a turbo kit when i came across a forum talkin about a twin turbo Civic..why would you do such a thing?
just to say you did it

its not hes going to benefit from that over a single turbo setup...

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball
Old 01-20-2007, 07:08 AM

Wouldnt that be alot of lag?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:18 AM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

well, not necessarily... those turbos look pretty tiny, but you have to remember that each turbo is only being driven by (im assuming stock displacement GSR) 900 ish CCs.

the problem with twin turbos, and you see this even with the monster power supras/skylines, is that it becomes more efficient to drive one big frickin turbo than split your exhaust energy between two turbos.

i will be able to explain that mathematically with fluid dynamics equations by the end of the semester

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball
Old 01-20-2007, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by skunk2racing97
well, not necessarily... those turbos look pretty tiny, but you have to remember that each turbo is only being driven by (im assuming stock displacement GSR) 900 ish CCs.

the problem with twin turbos, and you see this even with the monster power supras/skylines, is that it becomes more efficient to drive one big frickin turbo than split your exhaust energy between two turbos.

i will be able to explain that mathematically with fluid dynamics equations by the end of the semester
LOl NICE
Old 01-20-2007, 08:04 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I mean it looks cool and thats all that matters right

R.I.P

Kevin "Slo_Si" Gonzalez
6/21/86-9/13/06
Pablo Garcia
9/28/85-9/05/07

You will be missed and remembered forever!!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:09 AM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Originally Posted by skunk2racing97
....the problem with twin turbos, and you see this even with the monster power supras/skylines, is that it becomes more efficient to drive one big frickin turbo than split your exhaust energy between two turbos.
exactly twin turbo setups on any engine is a waste imo.you can acheive far more power with a single turbo the only downside is lag will most likely be a lot higher than with a twin turbo set up.

twin turbos on a 4 banger is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

-Winston Churchill
Old 01-20-2007, 10:19 AM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

yea... i think that in all reality, twin turbos on most applications end up being counterproductive.

the only exception to that is on V-style motors, W-style motors, or anything where the physical placement of a single turbo could be less efficient that two smaller turbos (like plumbing a single turbo on a V6 or V8; too much charged volume, makes more sense for two smaller turbos right on the exhaust manifolds on each bank)

on any other setup, (i.e. inline 4s and 6s), the friction and energy loss of driving two turbos almost always negates the quicker spool. and the other thing is, the applications where you would want a quicker spool to make the car faster (like stock supras were) can be surpassed by getting more power out of a bigger single. so it wont spool as fast, but you end up getting better power characteristics from the single anyway, so even the slightly longer spool is negated.

...as far as i understand...

Old 01-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Old School

Someone on hmt did it just for fun and to be different not for power.Just as crazy as the 8 turbo hot rod in a magazine recently.