Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

help!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!!

the other night there was working on my car because ther was a clicking coming from the distributer cap and my friend was over helping, i fixed the problem and i went over to rev the engine up and make sure it wasnt making anymore clicking or anything so im sitting there reving it up to about 2500rpm and my friend being a f***ing idiot sticks a flash light on the end of the tube coming from the intake manifold and it boged my motor down to the piont of almost stalling but then he took it off laughing thinking it was a joke and i let the car idle and it was fine,but it was late so i didnt take it out until the next morning, so the next morning i drive to work and the whole way there when ever i would get into higher rpms it feels like its going to stall out and when ever i hit 70 it starts to sputter and tries to stall. so my question is what could that have done to my motor to make it do this????

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL994/.../153037771.jpg

FSA. Future Streetracer of America
Old 01-22-2007, 11:50 AM
2013 Scion FR-S

most likely a miss fire in the cylinder...car feel like its running on 3 cylinders? do a paperclip test and see whats wrong with it
Old 01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by townidiot
the other night there was working on my car because ther was a clicking coming from the distributer cap
distributer cap could be cracked . remove it, look for crack(s) and replace

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 01-27-2007, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Chaddcl0ps
most likely a miss fire in the cylinder...car feel like its running on 3 cylinders? do a paperclip test and see whats wrong with it
yeah it did but now i just start puttering in higher rpms... what the paperclip test???

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL994/.../153037771.jpg

FSA. Future Streetracer of America
Old 01-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Hey its that guy!!

Timing??? Distributor Rotor?? My friends integra would not stay running because of the rotor. check the plugs allso , maybe fouled. Just a list of things to check. allso check for spark from the end of the plug wire that gos to the spark plugs.