Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

2008 Honda Accord Coupe Concept Unveiled

Old 01-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I THINK I THINK!! it looks like another sucessful car made from honda.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:18 PM

ttt
Old 01-11-2007, 09:14 PM
E & I Certified

thats one hot accord.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:23 AM

It looks nothing like the new camry in the front. It doesn't have the buldging emblem, or even the same headlight geometry. I wonder where people get these ideas from. It looks like a Honda to me people ( I wonder why people always try and compare the way a new car looks to other cars that don't even closely resemble it).
Old 01-12-2007, 04:08 AM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

not the same headlight geometry? are you serious? i dont think i could imagine two companies with more similar headlights....

-front ends are both extremely round side-to-side
-hood narrows to flat grill section down the front, with an emblem-ized smaller grill up top, and a small rectangularish grill below
-headlights are both long, narrow, and slant upwards
-same flat fender edge
-same ducted, aggressive-styled fog light area

im sorry you took personal offense to the fact that a honda resembles a toyota, but even if you cant see the uncanny resemblance, there is no reason to go around talking shit

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball
Old 01-12-2007, 04:22 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Originally Posted by skunk2racing97

im sorry you took personal offense to the fact that a honda resembles a toyota, but even if you cant see the uncanny resemblance, there is no reason to go around talking shit
+1, when you make a car you kind of base the body style off of what people like and whats the newest style and if that means it slightly resembles another car then so be it
Old 01-12-2007, 05:49 AM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

i happen to agree... and i think the new camry is a great design.

the other way to look at it is, when honda (acura) released the new TL like 3 years ago, it was one of the first to have the squinty headlights, and i think that front end is fucking amazing... so more likely than not, honda just wanted to bring some of that streamlined look down to the cheaper vehicles (with this accord and the new civic) and toyota just got it out on the new camry before the accord did. i still think it dates back to the TL front end tho...

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball
Old 01-12-2007, 05:57 AM
rocktastic

I think the headlights are like a cross between the Camry and the TL. The grille has got the same "Neo-Deco," freight-train look as lots of newer cars (audi, toyota, lexus...). The rear looks more like a 350z/g35 than the new shitclipse, IMHO.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by skunk2racing97
i happen to agree... and i think the new camry is a great design.

the other way to look at it is, when honda (acura) released the new TL like 3 years ago, it was one of the first to have the squinty headlights, and i think that front end is fucking amazing... so more likely than not, honda just wanted to bring some of that streamlined look down to the cheaper vehicles (with this accord and the new civic) and toyota just got it out on the new camry before the accord did. i still think it dates back to the TL front end tho...
+1 100% TRUE. ALSO THE ACCORD LOOKS BETTER THEN THE CURRENT MODEL ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I SELL THEM AND THINK THE NEW MODELS WILL FLY OF THE SHELF... JUST MY OPINION
Old 01-13-2007, 11:01 AM

sorry the toyota camry crowd is for the older and elderly. The accord always wins for the younger generation. The accord wins for always being the more aggressive design which is from my exsperince being "young" is more attractive to me.