Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

anybody know anything about paint?

Old 12-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Im sofa king we todd did.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody know anything about paint?

im looking to paint my eg hatch after the holidays. my buddy is moving down here from KY and he has all the equpiment and has painted a couple cars. Im looking at painting my car championship white with some blue pearl. now i know nothing about paint and paint mixing. Here is the link to the paint im looking at buying:
http://www.ppgcarpaint.com/products....13497&SPCId=44

now how do i do the blue pearl? do i mix it in with the white or do I overcoat with it? anybody know where i can buy it and ive seen lots of different types of pearls so which should i buy?

any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:37 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Wait for him to come down, go with him to buy the paint as he should know how much to buy to paint your car. There is a paint dealer off of 41 that my paint guy uses. You can also see a sample of the paint in thier book.

I have a friend on the del sol boards who paints as well and he was amazed at how little of the flake he had to use for the granada black that is used on a 94 ex coupe.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 12-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Im sofa king we todd did.

thanks for the suggestion. whats the name of that paint place off 41? and where is 41? lol my only problem is the guy thats moving down has only painted a couple cars and they were just solid oem colors. He said a gallon should do it but i dont think he has a clue when it comes to mixing.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:19 PM
engine building &best

you make with clearcoat

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 12-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

that paint job will be a four step process unless all the paint is single stage however this should be base coat clear coat system 1st lay the base white down 2nd then the blue with out the pearl 3rd the pearl goes down 4th the clear coat the only mixing should be reducer to the paint also flex agent if not allready intergraded
Old 12-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Banned

also it takes a gallon to paint a car depending on how many coats standard is two customs are more
Old 12-16-2006, 09:55 PM
VOD
Field Rep

anyone use this company yet..thay got some cool paint shit..im thinkin of there candy apple red..

Alsa Corp | Stylin' Basecoats: Pricing - Ordering