Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Better Business Bureau Complaint ID#: 67070158 / Business Name: Demon Motorsports

Old 11-17-2006, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better Business Bureau Complaint ID#: 67070158 / Business Name: Demon Motorsports

I'm not saying don't go here, I'm saying this is what happened to me. Also my clutch went out over last weekend. A $500 stage 4 clutch, that was improperly installed, claims my new mechanic who wrote me up a written statement.

BBB CASE#: 67070158

Complaint filed by: Denzel Cofer (More) Consumer Info

NAME: Denzel
DAY PHONE:
ADDRESS:
EVE PHONE:
EMAIL: ddc94gsr@yahoo.com
FAX: -
(Less) Complaint filed against: Demon Motorsports (More) Business Info

NAME: Demon Motorsports
BBB MEMBER: NO
ADDRESS: 9524 N Trask St
Tampa, FL 33624-5137
PHONE: 813 908-0306
FAX:
(Less) Complaint status: Case Closed UNRESOLVED (More) Activity

Date
Activity
Description
11/14/2006 Case Closed UNRESOLVED 11/14/2006 Inform Business - Case Closed UNRESOLVED 11/14/2006 Inform Consumer - Case Closed UNRESOLVED 11/14/2006 Bureau judged complaint to be closed UNRESOLVED 11/14/2006 Remove Administrative Hold 11/13/2006 Administrative Hold 11/13/2006 No Response from Business re: Consumer Rebuttal 11/01/2006 Manually Forward Consumer Rebuttal to Business 10/30/2006 BBB Reviews Consumer Rebuttal to Business Response (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
Wow first and far most.
Before I brought the car to this guy I was promised that is wouldn't taken more than a couple of weeks meaning after 3 plus weeks you'd expect phone calls that were ignored 75% of the time. There is no need to argue with this type of person anyone
Here are the facts
#1 I was promised my car back in 2 weeks, which actually took right at a month only because I kept rushing it due to the fact that I had to find rides to work.
#2 I was promised that when I got my car back that my miles would be reset, and my engine wouldn't be revving up and down as it was when I picked it up.
#3 Everyone that has seen my car will testify in court that my car wasn't fixed properly
#4 He promised that my car wouldn't be leaking oil anymore; within the first week I was adding oil to my car. I have pictures of my valve cover gasket leaking oil.
#5 I have written statements from another mechanic that fixed the oil leak problem
#6 He replaced my old clutch with a clutch I didn't ask for. I was told it would be a stage 2 or 3 at the most and I was given a stage 4. Why would a stage four clutch be placed on a daily driver? 100 miles plus per day. On top of that the clutch wasn't adjusted right and now it is going back. This is all in the statement of my other mechanic. Also, within a month my clutch come loss and I was put down on the side of the road. I told him of everything that happened and he kept saying bring the car to me. I didn't pay $4,000 for my car to give me more problems.
#7 The complaint wasn't that it was painted per say, it was that it was done without notifying me, and I was being given the run around about certain parts. Mainly my valve springs. I was being led to believe I had items that weren't on the car.
#8 At the beginning I gave him $3,000 and didn't know what it was being used for until I got my car back. I was promised the best prices and after everything was said and done, I could have went out on my own and got better.
#9 He got my business due to telling me lies and hiding important information from me
#10 I was told I would get a cd of my engine rebuild provided by him at the end and was never given a cd.
#11 My car has never overheated. I merely called him and said it was starting to overheat meaning go passed the half way marker. It never came close to the H, which is when you over heat the car. I stopped the car and I had to have another mechanic come fix the problem because my calls are ignored by the DMS mechanic. I guess "overheating it made oil come out of the valve cover also. Like I said I have pictures as proof
#12 I live over 50 miles away from his shop. How am I supposed to bring a car with so many problems back to a shop so far away. He never once made one effort to come fix my car. If he had done his job right, my car wouldn't be doing all this stuff.
#13 All my statements can be backed up by witnesses, mechanics and pictures.
#14 my check engine light had never been on until I took my car to him
#15 he told me to buy a IACV which I did and it never fixed the problem, so I was out $200 and my car was still revving up and down and my check engine light was still on because of him.

I'll add the statement from my mechanic and if need be I can forward the BBB a certified copy.

The following is what I Richard encountered while working on Denzel Cofer's vehicle. I would like to start off by saying that the car was leaking over a quart of oil a week due to a oil pan gasket leaking and a valve cover gasket leaking and spark plug o rings on the valve cover. And in turn allowed the valleys in the cylinder head that were designed to hold the spark plugs allowed them to fill up with oil and could have very easily destroyed a 470 dollar distributor. Due to the fact that he did not use the gasket sealer required for the job which is Honda bond. Some of the other leaky problems where the vtec solenoid gasket and a radiator hose that had a pin size hole in it.
Now for some of the mechanical problems. #1 the check engine light was on, due to a faulty vtec solenoid, and vtec pressure switch. and a o2 sensor and o2 sensor heater, and also a knock sensor. Some other problems encountered were the idle that jumped from about 1100 rpm's to about 4500 rpm's and kept surging up and down. And also motor mounts that were just destroyed and he put them back in knowing that they were bad and cv axles that could snap at any minute and leave him stranded this man just didn't care about his customer especially when these parts would have only cost another 150 dollars which isn't bad when compared to the 4,000 already spent.
And some other things that I just feel that are poor workmanship the clutch being way out of adjustment and allowing it to wear extremely prematurely and installing after market camshafts and not installing the valve springs and retainers that should go with them which when denzel goes turbo will result in the valves floating and now the head will have to be removed and have a valve job done. And as far as parts, they were extremely over priced someone off the street could have got better deals especially him being a dealer.

All and all there was way way too many problem with this car when it was returned to say that he had spent over 4,000 dollars. And not to mention that the idle that he said was un fixable and that it was due to his engine control unit I fixed in a after noon along with every other problem he was just too lazy and had already received his money.
So in conclusion I feel some type of justice needs to be brought to this case this is just ridiculous that it has cost him so much money to have his vehicle worked on and he cant even drive it to fort Meyers with out a problem.
10/26/2006 Forward Business response to Consumer CLT.cf.rtf 10/25/2006 Receive Business Response Contact Name and Title: Michael / owner
Contact Phone: 813-908-0306
Contact Email: demonmotorsports1@yahoo.com
I have been in this business for 16 years total, 6 in the state of Florida. This is my first complaint and a riduculous one at that.
First off I will address the amount of time this job took. An engine rebuild is not an overnight procedure especially when you are using special order parts. The customer talked about bringing the car in for a long time before it actually arrived. When he did bring it, I got to it as soon as I could. Keep in mind I do have other customers and am a one man operation.
In the complaint I read numerous times how this wasnt done and that wasnt done. Every part and each labor charge on the invoice was completed and installed as stated. Any other problems with this car was not contracted to be repaired. An example is the non working moon roof, the customer was not charged for this. After the time it took to receive parts and complete the job and numerous calls pressuring me to speed things up, there was no more time for any other repairs, so the car was discharged after the motor work was completed.
Another complaint that I painted the motor rather than polish it was explained. I was going to polish at no charge and began doing so until the oxidation was removed and I saw that it would be impossible to complete this task. The block had oil stains that would not polish off. At this point painting was the only option.
This customer has also stated in this complaint that he wants copies of my receipts. This is probably the most moronic statement in this complaint. I have a busness license and resale certificate issued by the State of Florida allowing me to open wholesale accounts with parts suppliers. My receipts from these distributors are my property and need not be devulged or turned over to any customer.
There are countless other statements in this complaint that I wont waste my time answering. I was contracted to do a job and I completed it. Any problems the customer had, the car should have been brought in for me to look at. As far as the "blow by" referred to in the complaint, this was caused by overheating the car to the customers own admission. He admitted to a hole developing in a hose and he drove it home with the needle reading hot. There are no warranties on overheated engines or cars that were raced.
I will finish this response by stating that I have rebuilt hundreds of motors, many still driving around in the Tampa area and had no other complaints. I think sometimes customers have to take responsibility for there errors instead of blaming the workmanship.
10/25/2006 Reminder of Dispute to Business 10/25/2006 Consumer - Have You Heard From the Company 10/25/2006 No response to first notice to business 10/09/2006 Notify Business of Dispute 10/09/2006 Case Reviewed by BBB 10/07/2006 Case Received by BBB
(Less) Case Description: 1994 Acura Integra Gsr
7/20/2006
I've been having problems for a long time with my Gsr, and now I needed to fix... (More) 1994 Acura Integra Gsr
7/20/2006
I've been having problems for a long time with my Gsr, and now I needed to fix it because my clutch went out that day at work, but I got it to his shop some how. Keep in mind I live in Bradenton, Florida His shop is in Tampa, but I was working in Tampa at the time. My job was still 30 minutes away from his shop. Anyway, you I get the you can trust me speech and I will make your car do this and do that. Gave me the story of how he had been ripped off in the past which is why he doesn't order parts for people. So I made a $3,000 deposit on 7/22/06 with the intentions of paying the labor afterwards. So all these parts were ordered and I really had no idea of what was going on with my money. I just know My car ended up being there for a month or more. I visited the shop countless times and saw my car sitting in the same spot every time. Also when I dropped the car off it was idling up and down and I asked him to fix that also and to fix my moon roof. A lot of my phone calls went unanswered and then it got to the point where just showing up crossed my mind over and over. I went to the shop one time and he showed me some valve springs that were regular gsr springs, but told me they were skunk2 valve springs. I spoke of this to another guy that had his car fixed there. I had him go by the shop since he lived over that way, and he told me he told Mike, that he wanted my valve springs and pistons, and he told my friend that we were not selling the valve springs, but yet if I had skunk2 valve springs like he said I did, then there shouldn't be a problem with selling my gsr valve springs. I was told my car wouldn't take more then a few weeks to complete, so I was driving my moms car the whole time, making things harder on her because I have her car. After the two weeks were up, my car was no where near complete, so in the end I kept her car for 4 weeks, and he said because of that he'd do a service on my moms car, and he never answers my calls so I don't know how that would be possible. There was a time when he had my engine on a stand and he told me he would buff it back to perfectly clean which he started to do. That same friend that found out about the springs, also told me that he spray painted my engine instead of polishing it like we had discussed. Problem with this is, I never told him to paint it, so I don't even have a say so in my own car with this guy. I had to call him and tell him my friend said it looked painted, and he was like oh yeah I painted it. What happened to the customer having a say so in their own car? Coming close to the 1 month mark. He told me I could pick my car up at least 5 times because I was actually able to leave with it from the shop. Every time I heard some excuse to why I can't leave with it. Then he'd say call the next day and I would and get no answer for a day to 3 days. My receipt shows everything was finished on 8/17/06, but in real life I picked it up around the 22 or so. Finally my car is finished. I get there, and he cranks it up, and it is still idling up and down and he is pretending like he didn't know why. I was like WOW!!!! He has had my car over a month and it still idles bad. I get in the car and my moon roof still doesn't work. I check my milage and it was still set at what it was at. He promised he'd reset the milage and didn't. All these unanswered promises. So now I had a new engine with some of the same old problems. I get it home and the next day I let a friend look at the engine, and he found one of my transmission bolts unscrewed!!!!! Also a exhaust leak. My friend screwed the bolt in and fixed the leak it was missing 2 out of 3 bolts on the DC Sports Racing Headers, while the guy I just spent $4,000 with isn't trying to fix anything. Yes I gave $1,000 for labor, and it wasn't even fixed properly. A few days go by and my car starts running hot all of a sudden. WOW!!! I just spent $4,000 why is this happening. Once again my friend fixes........A few days go by and my car starts running hot all of a sudden. WOW!!! I just spent $4,000 why is this happening. Once again my friend fixes the problem, and a even bigger problem arrived shortly after. For some reason now my oil light it on. What now? How can my oil be low, he changed it for me at 500 miles, and kept the oil for himself that I bought for my car, I didn't say anything, just measuring his character. Nowadays I'm driving around with I guess "Blow By" would be the term for it. It doesn't leak, but yet I have to keep adding oil. He hasn't even tried to help me with any of that stuff. When he gave me my receipt, I asked for copies of the invoices to see the true prices, and he wouldn't do that, but yet all those parts were purchased with my own money. I didn't buy them from him. He tried to do the we can be friends trick. Also I was promised a cd with pictures of the entire build of my engine and to this day I don't have it from him. I took it upon myself to bring a cd for him to add them on to, because prior to that 3 visits I made, and not once did he have the cd. On top of all that, he told me my IACV was bad which is why it revs up and down, so I spend $180 on a brand new one from the dealership. I take my car to him and he changes the valves and guess what it still does the same thing. So now I have to try to sell my old one that is in perfect working order. Then he says my ecu is bad, so he claims he'll find me one, but I know from dealing with him, he isn't going to look at all. So I go out to try to find and buy one and I get ripped off by some fag who wrote p28 on the computer, but it really is a p2p and now he won't answer his phone when I call him either. This has been more of a nightmare then something awesome. I don't suggest going to this guy. Here is the worst part, he put my brand new rebuilt engine back in my car on broken motor mounts that he knew about and didn't tell me. I confronted him about it and he said he was going to tell me later. WOW?

Demon Motorsports
. (Less) Category: Guarantee or Warranty Issues Case opened date: 10/09/2006 Case closed date: 11/14/2006 Desired Resolution: I want my car fixed, or i want him to pay for me to take it to another shop to... (More) I want my car fixed, or i want him to pay for me to take it to another shop to get it fixed. This has caused major problems for me. As far as the complaint goes, I had more to say. I will just send it in a email also (Less)
Old 11-17-2006, 11:06 AM

Smart man. Yes it is.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:08 PM

this is why i do all my own work on my car... G/L to you
Old 11-18-2006, 09:31 PM

I don't think anybody should be ripped off, but at the same time after reading Complaint and this post I noticed some claims that make no sence. I also found multiple problems with the build that should have been taken care of if they did exist immediately by the shop in question.

Quoted from the BBB complaint:
"The following is what I Richard encountered while working on Denzel Cofer's vehicle. I would like to start off by saying that the car was leaking over a quart of oil a week due to a oil pan gasket leaking and a valve cover gasket leaking and spark plug o rings on the valve cover. And in turn allowed the valleys in the cylinder head that were designed to hold the spark plugs allowed them to fill up with oil and could have very easily destroyed a 470 dollar distributor. Due to the fact that he did not use the gasket sealer required for the job which is Honda bond. Some of the other leaky problems where the vtec solenoid gasket and a radiator hose that had a pin size hole in it.
Now for some of the mechanical problems. #1 the check engine light was on, due to a faulty vtec solenoid, and vtec pressure switch. and a o2 sensor and o2 sensor heater, and also a knock sensor. Some other problems encountered were the idle that jumped from about 1100 rpm's to about 4500 rpm's and kept surging up and down. And also motor mounts that were just destroyed and he put them back in knowing that they were bad and cv axles that could snap at any minute and leave him stranded this man just didn't care about his customer especially when these parts would have only cost another 150 dollars which isn't bad when compared to the 4,000 already spent.
And some other things that I just feel that are poor workmanship the clutch being way out of adjustment and allowing it to wear extremely prematurely and installing after market camshafts and not installing the valve springs and retainers that should go with them which when denzel goes turbo will result in the valves floating and now the head will have to be removed and have a valve job done. And as far as parts, they were extremely over priced someone off the street could have got better deals especially him being a dealer.

All and all there was way way too many problem with this car when it was returned to say that he had spent over 4,000 dollars. And not to mention that the idle that he said was un fixable and that it was due to his engine control unit I fixed in a after noon along with every other problem he was just too lazy and had already received his money.
So in conclusion I feel some type of justice needs to be brought to this case this is just ridiculous that it has cost him so much money to have his vehicle worked on and he cant even drive it to fort Meyers with out a problem."

__________________________________________________ _____

"I would like to start off by saying that the car was leaking over a quart of oil a week due to a oil pan gasket leaking and a valve cover gasket leaking and spark plug o rings on the valve cover. "

This is simply unacceptable. How long did it take for you to find these issues ?
Why did you not resolve the issues asap by returning the car to the shop ?
If this was the case, the car should have never left the shop.

"And in turn allowed the valleys in the cylinder head that were designed to hold the spark plugs allowed them to fill up with oil and could have very easily destroyed a 470 dollar distributor."

I have never ever heard of oil in your spark plug valleys causing a distributor to go bad.

"Due to the fact that he did not use the gasket sealer required for the job which is Honda bond."

Hondabond is not applied to the spark plug valley orings. Hondabond is however applied to each edge of the valve cover gasket per the helms factory manual specs.

"Some of the other leaky problems where the vtec solenoid gasket and a radiator hose that had a pin size hole in it."

What happend when you found these issues & contacted DMS ?
The car should have never left the garage bay if it had these issues.

"Now for some of the mechanical problems. #1 the check engine light was on, due to a faulty vtec solenoid, and vtec pressure switch. and a o2 sensor and o2 sensor heater, and also a knock sensor. Some other problems encountered were the idle that jumped from about 1100 rpm's to about 4500 rpm's and kept surging up and down. "

I have not once seen a faulty vtec solenoid or vtec pressure switch. This is not to say that they can't go bad, but I have reason to believe this is a faulse claim considering these components where supposedly functioning properly on the motor before the supposed rebuild.

Concerning the o2 code, this is due to the o2 sensor not being connected or the o2 sensor being bad. Was the vehicle throwing this code before you took the car to DMS ?

Concerning the knock sensor code, was the vehicle throwing this code before you took to DMS ?

"And also motor mounts that were just destroyed and he put them back in knowing that they were bad and cv axles that could snap at any minute and leave him stranded this man just didn't care about his customer especially when these parts would have only cost another 150 dollars which isn't bad when compared to the 4,000 already spent."

DMS did not notify you of these components being in bad shape ?
How many miles are on the vehicle ?

"And some other things that I just feel that are poor workmanship the clutch being way out of adjustment and allowing it to wear extremely prematurely"

How does a hydrolic clutch have adjustment ?
There is a factory pedal hight adjustment, other then that there is no clutch adjustment on a hydro bseries clutch.

"installing after market camshafts and not installing the valve springs and retainers that should go with them which when denzel goes turbo will result in the valves floating and now the head will have to be removed and have a valve job done."

Valves do not usually float from "going turbo".
There are plenty of stock gsr cylinder heads making 500+ whp.
Overcaming a setup with the improper valvesprings and or overreving the valvetrain/cam setup will cause issues.

Good luck to you and DMS on resolving this issue.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831

Last edited by mtber; 11-18-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:51 AM
smokes weed...everyday.

+1 for mtber.

also, if you're going to rush a person to finish a job, and demand your car back..dont be suprised when its not totally complete.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 11-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Banned

Denzel picked up the car on 8-17-06
sent this email the next day 8-18-06-

Car is sweet!!!!!! I can't wait to get to 500 miles...
I forgot all my old parts there, so if you could put them to the side for me I would appreciate it
Also, I was going to go ahead and buy that IACV and see if you could put it on for me
Also the itemized receipt and the pictures I still need
Oh yeah, when could you check my moon roof out also, when I bring it back, and I'll pay what is required. Air still blowing cold....
Thanks

I heard nothing of any problems until I received emails from Denzel 3 weeks later. I told him to bring the car in so I could check it out. Obviously he never brought it, but instead had his friends and another "mechanic" mess with the car then opened a complaint with the BBB. As far as I'm concerned this was not the proper way to handle this situation and I feel I should have been given the opportunity to verify any problems with this car and correct them if neccessary. Upon reviewing this complaint, the BBB has decided that I did no wrong doing and has closed the case. I look forward to backing my statements up in court if Mr. Cofer decides to go that route. My lawyer and myself are confident there is no case and the result for Mr. Cofer will be costly, as I will charge him with slander, defamation and have him pay my lawyer and court costs.
After 16 years in business (6 in the state of Florida), this is my first complaint and a bogus one at that. I would take that percentage of satisfied customers any day.

Once again TR, sorry for this huge waste of your time.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:59 AM
smokes weed...everyday.

Originally Posted by DemonCivic
Once again TR, sorry for this huge waste of your time.
don't worry about it. i told him he should have went to the bbb without trying to talk to you and work it out since ive dealt with you, and it went flawless. glad to hear they closed it.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 11-20-2006, 06:26 AM

Mtber

I appreciate your response. To reply to it......

"I would like to start off by saying that the car was leaking over a quart of oil a week due to a oil pan gasket leaking and a valve cover gasket leaking and spark plug o rings on the valve cover. "

This is simply unacceptable. How long did it take for you to find these issues ?
Why did you not resolve the issues asap by returning the car to the shop ?
If this was the case, the car should have never left the shop.

" Within the first week of me getting my car back, I was having to add oil. I called him several times. He wouldn't return my calls. He only responded to emails with bring your car in bs. One reason I wasn't so fast to bring it back, was because my house was over an hour away, and with it starting to overheat and the lack of oil it was retaining, I didn't think it was safe to drive it there. Plus why would i drive over an hour to a shop where the mechanic may not even be there. When I call about taking it there, i always got no answer. As far as it leaving the shop, he allowed it to leave knowing there was problems with it. He told me my car would be back in a couple weeks, getting close to a month I started questioning him because i was promised 2 or 3 weeks. Plus that was my car to go to work. I had to use my moms car every day for a month.

"Due to the fact that he did not use the gasket sealer required for the job which is Honda bond."

Hondabond is not applied to the spark plug valley orings. Hondabond is however applied to each edge of the valve cover gasket per the helms factory manual specs.

I told Mike when i took my car there that I had Hondabond at home, and he said he doesn't use it and it wasn't needed. When i brought it to him my valve cover was all hondabonded up and he said he doesn't use it. He claims he knows everything so i let him do what he does.

"Some of the other leaky problems where the vtec solenoid gasket and a radiator hose that had a pin size hole in it."

What happend when you found these issues & contacted DMS ?
The car should have never left the garage bay if it had these issues.

Every issue i found i called him about and like now, back then i got the answering machine. When i used to visit the shop. I watched him allow countless calls go to voicemail. Call after call.

"Now for some of the mechanical problems. #1 the check engine light was on, due to a faulty vtec solenoid, and vtec pressure switch. and a o2 sensor and o2 sensor heater, and also a knock sensor. Some other problems encountered were the idle that jumped from about 1100 rpm's to about 4500 rpm's and kept surging up and down. "

I have not once seen a faulty vtec solenoid or vtec pressure switch. This is not to say that they can't go bad, but I have reason to believe this is a faulse claim considering these components where supposedly functioning properly on the motor before the supposed rebuild.

Concerning the o2 code, this is due to the o2 sensor not being connected or the o2 sensor being bad. Was the vehicle throwing this code before you took the car to DMS ?

Concerning the knock sensor code, was the vehicle throwing this code before you took to DMS ?

"Before I took the car to DMS, my car had NO check engine light on. When i confronted him about it, he said it was because of my IACV. I told him that the light wasn't on before i brought it here, and my car has been revving up and down for at least 6 months straight if not more. He said buy a new IACV and he would put it on and that would make the light go away. I spent $180 on a brand new IACV and I took it to him, and he put it on, and the light was still on and my car was still revving up and down. He then connected his computer to the car and said some bs about something else being bad, and he said bring it back to me whenever and he'd look at it. So now i'm out $180 on a part i didn't need. I still have my old iacv."

"And also motor mounts that were just destroyed and he put them back in knowing that they were bad and cv axles that could snap at any minute and leave him stranded this man just didn't care about his customer especially when these parts would have only cost another 150 dollars which isn't bad when compared to the 4,000 already spent."

DMS did not notify you of these components being in bad shape ?
How many miles are on the vehicle ?

DMS did not notify me of anything in bad shape other than my CV axles. The car had a little over 264k on it before it was rebuilt. I'm not one of those guys that knows everything about cars, so i was relying on him to tell me stuff. Also he didn't tell me that he was painting my engine instead of buffing it like he said he was doing. I had a friend go to the shop, and he told me that my engine was painted. I then had to question DMS about it, same with the motor mounts. He respondes with stuff like " yeah I was going to tell you about it when you go turbo"

"And some other things that I just feel that are poor workmanship the clutch being way out of adjustment and allowing it to wear extremely prematurely"

How does a hydrolic clutch have adjustment ?
There is a factory pedal hight adjustment, other then that there is no clutch adjustment on a hydro bseries clutch.

I will question Richard about that, but I have pictures that I will post and show missing screws. Oh yeah, there are countless missing screws in the car. For example, i have dc sports racing headers which came with 3 bolts to get them together. When I got it back, it had 2 and i guess the chatter or whatever caused another one to go out. Also Transmission bolts were loose. I will get my mechanic to sign up for this site and vouch for me. Also everyone else that seen the car as soon as it was done. My dad's garage has countless spots of where oil comes out of the muffler.

"installing after market camshafts and not installing the valve springs and retainers that should go with them which when denzel goes turbo will result in the valves floating and now the head will have to be removed and have a valve job done."

Valves do not usually float from "going turbo".
There are plenty of stock gsr cylinder heads making 500+ whp.
Overcaming a setup with the improper valvesprings and or overreving the valvetrain/cam setup will cause issues.

"Well, like i said I'm no expert, but i will get him on here to defend what he said. As far as valvesprings go, he told me i had skunk2 and then toward the end he tells me, I have my stock spring in. I will also post my reciept from him. He told me he'd get me good prices, but i can go on different sites and get better. It will show where I was even charged for paint. I know for a fact i was over charged. Why add paint to my price even though i asked of nothing to be painted. "

95gainfla
+1 for mtber.

also, if you're going to rush a person to finish a job, and demand your car back..dont be suprised when its not totally complete.

Would it be considered rushing if i'm being told it will be finished in 2 weeks, but i only started questioning stuff after 3 1/2 weeks.

lol, it is so funny how everything I say he discredits. I'm new to the whole car deal, but he had lots of chances to help fix his problems. I guess putting my motor back in on broken motor mounts is bogus also? Not once did he offer to come take a look at my car. LOL he heard nothing...... That is a lie if anything. When i started having to put oil in it, I left a msg because he didn't answer. I thought the clutch had went out within 2 weeks of getting my car back, and i was down on the side of the road. I called him then, and no answer. I called the cell phone and no answer. I said that when I put it in first and let the clutch out it wouldn't move. I had to have a friend come pick me up and it ended u being the throttle body cable coming loose. I still called him about every problem whether it was his fault or not. He said i was his friend so. I mentioned that my car was starting to overheat, and i called him then and got no answer. It ended up being a pin hole in the radiator hose. My BBB complaint was closed because he wouldn't respond back because I'm right. I have countless people that witness me calling the shop and the cell phone and getting answering machine 100% of the time, with no return call. I will be charged for slander? Where did i talk bad about his shop and him? Look at the beginning of the thread. I'm telling people about my experience. Where did i say no one go to his shop?

In emails only he did ask me to bring it to his shop, and when I called about brining it there, he never once answered and said I’m here so come now. So him saying bring it there doesn’t mean anything if he isn’t there and how would I know if he was there if no one answered or returned my calls?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:40 AM

I have pictures that I'm going to post and a little video clip, anyone have instructions on how to do so on this site?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:50 AM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

easiest way to do pics is open a free account on Photo Sharing - Sharing your Photos Online - Sony's ImageStation or Free Image and Video Hosting - Photo Image Hosting Site : Photobucket.com and link the URL for the pic into the image link on your reply. not sure about videos.

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball