Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

crx help please

Old 11-10-2006, 04:43 AM
nightrida

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crx help please

ok, so my crx has this problem where it doesnt charge the greatest i have a brand new alternater and battery and since i put my system in it seems to take all the charge away from the battery. so much that it wont even start. any ideas of how i can rectify this problem
Old 11-10-2006, 05:29 AM
is on blocks...

put a battery in just for the system?
Old 11-12-2006, 08:32 PM
IS AT THE DEALERSHIP NOW

take the system out.....that crx is crying about it
Old 11-13-2006, 07:04 AM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

any alternator/battery combo (in good working order) should be able to handle a decent sized system.

i would think that anything less than say... 1500 watts or so shouldnt be too demanding. hell, a good cap and you could prob go bigger than that... how many total watts are your amps drawing?

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball
Old 11-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Porsche Tech/Honda Tech

Make sure your amp(s) arent staying on with the key off. Your remote wire needs to go to a switched ignition source...
If you have more than .030A pulled with the key off, your gonna have problems...
Old 11-14-2006, 07:40 PM
is on blocks...

Originally Posted by Pyroproblem
Make sure your amp(s) arent staying on with the key off. Your remote wire needs to go to a switched ignition source...
If you have more than .030A pulled with the key off, your gonna have problems...
had the same problem said to my self i dont even have a/c or p/s why do i need a system took it out and sold the amp and subs and built my motor but yeah that can be a bitch it was draining my optima yellow top all the time
Old 11-14-2006, 07:50 PM

like they said make sure it goes off when the car does and an even better idea is to put a battery in for just the system or sell the system its a honda not an escalade its not supposed to have a system lol but its probably just staying on when car is off because im guessing you dont have enough watts to drain a new battery and alternater