Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

wiring gods/gurus needed!

Old 11-06-2006, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring gods/gurus needed!

^^^^^^link to wiring diagram above^^^^^^^^^

ok guys i have a wiring issue in my 2000 civic si, it keeps blowing the main ecu fuse and heres what i have gathered so far.....

on the main relay there are 8 terminals

term 1 = white/blk wire
term 2 = black wire
term 3 = yellow/black wire
term 4 = empty
term 5 = yellow/green wire #2
term 6 = blue/white wire(starter)
term 7 = yellow/green wire #1
term 8 = green/yellow wire

evertime i plug up the main relay the fuse underneath the hood blows (fuse 44, 15 amp). i can unplug the engine harness on the drivers side and plug in main relay, but as soon as i plug in engine harness it blows. the white/black wire is the power wire and the black is a ground, if i use a jumper wire and connect to blue/white wire the engine turns over as well as the yellow/green wire #1 turns on the fuel pump with the jumper wire. i can also pull the fuse 13(15amp, yellow/green wire) out and plug everything up and the fuse will not blow, but as soon as fuse 13 is inserted in blows the main ecu fuse(fuse 44). i also checked for continuity for yellow/green wire #2 and there are no breaks in the wire. i also ran a seperate ground for the main relay making sure it was grounded correctly and it still blows, also check for voltage using the black wire as main ground and it was ok. i also checked continuity for the white/black wire and also no breaks. the yellow/black wire is the gound for all the injectors i suppose because i also used it to check for voltage as it gave me a good ground. not that it matters, maybe it does, when i disconnect the drivers side harness there is a yellow/green wire there also, but i cannot find where the wires go to. i have copied the wiring diagram above as from the actual service manual from honda, so any/all adivse of suggestions will be appreciated

Last edited by importeclipsegst; 11-06-2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: adding more info to clariy situation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Engineer at the source

Have you recently changed your injectors or wired in a resistor box?

9.69@151 Street Car
JKOBD
Old 11-06-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by 60-1EK
Have you recently changed your injectors or wired in a resistor box?
+1... If you have not.. What else have you tampered with in the engine/in car harness ?

If your harness is hacked up 00 civic si harnesses are not very expensive to come by from junkyards (usually). I would simply replace the whole harness if it is a hack job.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 11-07-2006, 02:38 AM

no, its not hacked, i have undone alot of the electrical tape and flume to check for spliced/burnt wires but not hacked, the car has been turbo'd for about 3 years and nothing has been changed since then, only regular oil changes and tune ups. the injectors have been changed, they are no longer stock but that was changed 3 years ago when the turbo was installed, and we didnt use an injector box, everything that was added to the car that was electronic has been disconnected and been retaped(profec B, AFC, and TT)