Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Tail lights wont come on!

Old 09-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Fakes the funk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail lights wont come on!

Ok so last night my friend installed a cd player in my car and there was alot of wires left over that were exposed.so im driving home and notice my taillights/interior lights are off. so i pull over and look into it and notice the fuse is blown, drive to a gas station and put in new fuses and blows them as soon as i turn the switch. call my friend he said its a loose wire shorting em out. i tape them all up and pop in a new fuse, ok it works. get about half way home and noticed everyhting is off again, pull into a parking lot and go to change the fuse but the fuse is still good. so every unused wire is taped up and not exposed, fuse is good, bulbs are good. any idea's???
Old 09-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Free base cocaine

get it done by a pro next time...
Old 09-20-2006, 08:27 PM

^hater.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:58 PM
MUSTANGandFORD TRDR DAVE

I would concider a different friend for the next install... get a diagram or manual see what wires are what in the dash.. It is prolly not a hard fix. Trace dem wires.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Fakes the funk

Haha he didnt do a bad job, we just left some wires out is all. but now all the wires are covered and cant figure out why the lights still wont come on. only thing i can think of is the actual switch that you turn to make the lights come on went bad, cause the headlight part of it stopped working almost a year ago for some odd reason. so maybe the whole switch went, iono.any way of testing it?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:30 AM

well when my tail light went out my dash lights went to and it was only a fuse so check the fuses under the stearing wheel, that could be it
Old 09-21-2006, 10:14 AM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

how the hell did u/he fuck up the taillight wires installing a CD player? thats prob # 1.

best way to fix wiring probs is to find where you need voltage, how much, and trace it back as far as you need to. so, if you need 12v at the taillight plugs, then check the wiring at the taillights. if you dont have 12v, either follow the wires back to the dash, or go to the next place u know the wires are good. eventually u will find a spot where u dont have the voltage you need.

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball
Old 09-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Fakes the funk

Originally Posted by skunk2racing97
how the hell did u/he fuck up the taillight wires installing a CD player? thats prob # 1.

best way to fix wiring probs is to find where you need voltage, how much, and trace it back as far as you need to. so, if you need 12v at the taillight plugs, then check the wiring at the taillights. if you dont have 12v, either follow the wires back to the dash, or go to the next place u know the wires are good. eventually u will find a spot where u dont have the voltage you need.
Thanks man, ill have to try that.

Anybody parting out a DA? or know of anybody that is parting one out? cause i want to put another headlight/tailight switch on there and see if maybe that is the problem
Old 09-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Low And Slow

make sure the constant wire is good and tight
Old 09-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Right on, skunk;- trace it to where you *don't* have 12v.
I would START with under the dash wiring.......there may be *one* wire under there that you can't see.....and that's the one.-Bob
Originally Posted by skunk2racing97

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/