Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Rear wiper on CRX?

Old 07-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Track Attack CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wiper on CRX?

I was wondering how people put the rear wiper on a crx to a different position like it stays at the bottem of the hatch facing horizontal insted of it being vertical.....Thanks guys!

Custom Front Bumper
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140165
Old 07-12-2006, 05:25 PM
That ginger...

Unbolt
Rotate
Retighten

-Joe

Last edited by SmokinS13SR20; 07-12-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:34 PM

you know its vertical for a reason. That wiper being horizontal would pick up wind restrictions and problably flap in the wind when driving or when using it drag the wiper going upwards postion towards the top when driving. Just thinking its probably not a good idea. You notice on the stock setting it only goes about 3/4 the way down and not completly down enough to allow the wind from driving restrict its movement.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:39 PM
That ginger...

Its not that big of a factor. Don't the front of cars have windshield wipers horizontally mounted.
Windshields get more direct air than the rear. Just a thought
Old 07-12-2006, 06:07 PM
"color blind kid"

Originally Posted by SmokinS13SR20
Unbolt
Rotate
Retighten

-Joe
Have you done this? From past experiences with wiper arms and fresh paint this would have the wiper scrape the paint right off the hatch. Your not moving the points of where the motor stops your moving a wiper arm.
Learn how to use the feedback system! When people don't fallow through with a deal, fucking make it known! of course everyone has all positive points, no one fucking gives negatives for flakers, if you start giving negative feedbacks for flaking maybe people on tr will stop making stupid ass posts about wanting to buy shit then not showing up for the shit.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:15 PM

I think that the wipers are evenly or closely set to the hood and windsheild were it doesn't cause a problem restriction with wind effect. It doesn't really come in direct contact with the wind and coming back down with the aid of the wiper motor plus being designed that way, the motor won't have problems or slow downs when using it.

I was just thinking though that if the rear wiper on the crx and the slanted window and its park postion being horizontal it would cause problems and put strain on the rear wiper motor going up.Also driving with increased wind speeds with the park postion horizontal. Just cause its not designed that way, the motor will problably wear out alot faster then what a motor with a wiper sitting horizontal putting strain on the motor going up with the wind force from driving in excess speeds. Also probably be a noise from the wiper. And with the window slanted increases the force of the wind. And don't forget even though I already said this, the factory setting the wiper only goes about 3/4 of the way down were its not directly hitting resistence of the wind.

This is just my theroy.

Last edited by 1.6L; 07-12-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Track Attack CRX

Originally Posted by blackwagon
Have you done this? From past experiences with wiper arms and fresh paint this would have the wiper scrape the paint right off the hatch. Your not moving the points of where the motor stops your moving a wiper arm.
Thats exactly what I was think......Because if you just replace the wiper then it will still wipe downward and go right off the hatch.....I didn't know if they revered the wiring so it would wipe the other direction....But I don't thats why I was wondering if any one has done this so this way I would know for a fact....And for the to much drag....well thats a risk I'am willing to take...lol

Custom Front Bumper
Old 07-12-2006, 06:19 PM

All you have to do is time the wiper motor and arm right and it could be done. Iam just thinking it wouldn't be logical lasting effect to have it this way.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Track Attack CRX

ummm.....

Custom Front Bumper
Old 07-12-2006, 06:27 PM

ummm what?