Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

ls into ef...?

Old 05-23-2006, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls into ef...?

what all needs to be done when swapping an ls motor into an ef hatch? body wise?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:56 PM
cause the whistle goes...

take off the mounts on the front crossmember
Old 05-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Honda Gear Head

Get LS into EF mounts, B-series shiftlinkage perferably, LS longblock and tranny, B-series axles, Might have to change hubs, Engine hoist (Lift), A torque wrench and compressor makes life better, and a body wiring harness from ecu throughout every connector and actuator on your longblock, perferably get a valve job on the head make sure every gaskets new on your car, check the water pump, make sure you have all matenance fluids to filler back up, you could have your block cylinder sleeves honed if the rings were a problem for last user, make sure your parts are good if buying from people you wouldn't want to find out after everythings put together. Also, if you never looked under a hood and never performed a task alone and had it come out right the first time or at all don't do it your self and thats all you need.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:26 PM

You dont have to change hubs. Just remove the dust ring. You have to make a dent on the driver side (inner fender) to make room for the alternator. You have to get an LS wiring harness and connect wire it up according to the schematic that is floating around.

use an LS distributor.

--Even my Truck has Vtec--