Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

They all look VERY simular: omni, ksport, d2, function, megan etc... Who makes it ?

Old 05-18-2006, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They all look VERY simular: omni, ksport, d2, function, megan etc... Who makes it ?

I created a thread on h-t concerning the simularity of all of the coilover systems that I have seen come out on the market.

The thread is on: http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1631891

Copy of the thread:

Before you read this, please note that I posted this out of curiosity, not to piss anyone off. I run omni coilovers on one of my vehicles & like the way they perform...

They all look VERY simular: omni, ksport, d2, function, megan etc...
But who really designed it, who makes it ?

All of the systems are different...
I know every system is different in spring rate, shock design, rate adjustment etc.
But they all look to be VERY simular in design.

I have even seen Dropzone coilovers that looked VERY simular to Omnipower before Omni released their coilover.

D2

Function

Ksport

Megan

Omni

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 05-18-2006, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by mtber
Before you read this, please note that I posted this out of curiosity, not to piss anyone off.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:26 PM

some little Tiwaneese boy making .02 an hour. As with most products they are very similar, but due ownership rights the product must be changed just a little to avoid stepping on anyones toes.

I have the k-sports and from my source they are refurbished stateside in Colorado (I think) and actually produced in Tiwan
Old 05-18-2006, 03:14 PM
EFI Tech/Tuner

D2 is one of the 1st companies that came up with the prototype, tein mastered them and to be correct, Ksport is the so called knock off off the D2 design. I always say to find the maker follow the $$$ sign naaa that only works if you are a dealer . the order from who was made after the fact is somewhat arguementable but who cares, if you buy it and like it, thats all that matters, trends in this scene are worth about 2 pennies in a rattlesnakes pit

I have heard mixed results from the Ksport owners from the units are a little loud, to the adjustments are not all the same and differ slightly from unit to unit.

Omni's setup have had tremendous positive reviews and the list goes on and on, with suspension you get what you pay for, bottom line, this is why the high dollar Apex'i, H&R, Tein,tokico, are still banging sales with those highg dollar prices, they just plain work, and work well. Anyhoo, im sure someone wants to argue, so I leave the floor open, Neeexxxt
EFI-101 Certified
(941)628-4988

Last edited by Blown99civicSi; 05-18-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:22 PM
window shopper

I bet ss autochrome is secretly making all of them and selling them to the companies

Old 05-18-2006, 06:27 PM
HONDAMIKE.COM

sscrap

"THE REAL HONDAMIKE" ASE Master Technician
"Imitation is the highest form of flattery", but clones can get it wrong because we are promoting individuality and being proud of yourself.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Retired Ricer...

all im sayin is there are street cars running in the mid-low 9s on the omipower drag setup, so they must be doing something right

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 05-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Cool Runnings

i have an omni power full coilover setup on order for my ef hatch, can't wait for it to reach and see how it performs. did lots of research before deciding on these and from reviews i think i made a good choice.

She can pop it she can lock it ........ I'M IN LOVE WITH A HONDA

R.I.P. DELROY MANDERSON SR. 1-30-73 ~ 9-19-02

THE FEW
THE STRONG
THE BRAVE
NATURALLY ASPIRATED

TR "OLD SKOOL EF MEMBER" #05