Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

EK Wire Tuck 101 (Wireless Bays) "How-To"

Old 05-05-2006, 07:46 PM
EFI Tech/Tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up EK Wire Tuck 101 (Wireless Bays) "How-To"

Ok ladies and germs, I have been wanting to do this for some time now, and never found the time or will power to do so. I have done MANY searches for wire tuck how-to's on the infamous EK bodys, but never seem to get the anwsers I want. Soo with my trusty camera and alot of time, soder, wire and wire loom. I am going to try and give a step by step on how to do this growing trend. Besides the fact that it looks AWESOME, it will also make things simpler in the future when working on the motor, without the mess of globs of wire and plugs to play with. Mods if you like, feel free to make this a sticky if you feel it is worth one . This will not be a overnight deal, I plan on taking my time and doing it right as well as trying my best to describe how and what to do for the people that would like to do the same to there whips. I am also going to assume that some people may be doing something like this for there 1st time, so dont laugh at the detail I use at some points. With that said, Track Day is this sunday, the plan was to have the car running(which it was). Instead I riped it apart and when it is complete, it will be supporting a new tuck,turbo,F-R Mani, and a few more goodies to complement the wire tuck . So with out further adue

Modified Racing Inc... Presents:

How-To Do A Wire Tuck/Wireless Bay, On Your EK Honda Civic.
(This install should also work for most other cars with some diffrences)
Modified Racing Inc is not responsible for damage to any person or vechicle that attempts this. you are doing this knowing that failure to install plugs or wires in the wrong spot could cause damage to you or your motor/car. Use this write-up as a guide ONLY!!
If your are not very skilled with a sodering iron or gun, you may want to ask the help of a freind or faimly member that is knowledgable in that field.
This is intended to help the fellow Honda/Acura lover and is in no way the olny way to do this. please feel free to add or comment on this article at any time without the fear of being flamed....

Ok 1st thing you need to do is remove you battery, and then your factory engine harness, This is done by 1st unpluging all the sensors on the intake manifold, all the sensors on the back of the block, on the side of the block by the crank pully, all the sensors on the head, all the sensors in the upper right hand corner by your master cylinder and brake booster, and last all the sensors on the tranny, and around the tranny. So pretty much unplug each and every damn plug and clip in and on the motor or bay. Some of the harness will be connected to the frame and motor by clips, take your time and start from one point of the car and work your way to the other end, making sure to double check for missed plugs. Once you have all the plugs off and loose from the frame, you are ready to take the harness out of the bay, right?....Nope, you must disconnect the ECU from inside of the car on the passenger side below the glove box in the upper right corner and make sure it is free from clips or snags. after you disconnect the ECU, you will need to go back into the engine bay. behind and below the battery you will see a oval rubber boot were all the harness wires go through the fire wall. On each side of that boot are 2 10mm nuts, you need to remove these nuts in order to take the harness out of the bay completely.

Once you have done this, slowly pull the harness out of the cabin into the bay, making sure it is free of snags and nicks. once you have it out, as long as you have removed all the clips and plugs the harness should be able to be coaxed into coming out by pulling from the ecu side while giuding the connectors and plugs under the intake manifold and from around the starter. Once you have removed the harness from the car, it wouldbe a good idea to do a inspection. to make sure there are no broken wires or plugs, as you will need to address these problems before you take the next step. I will be loading the pics in the next few days of the harness comming out of the car below.

The next step will be removing your fenders as this will be the path some of your headlight and radiator or A/C wires will be taking to get to there appointed spots. This will be explained in the next write up,(its late and im tired ) besides its just a start
EFI-101 Certified
(941)628-4988

Last edited by Blown99civicSi; 05-05-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Rockin' 4 more Cylinders

cool....ill post up a how-to on a eg when i get done with mine....im splicing to harness together...well kinda

_Jake D
Old 05-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Jap
VTEC Out

Hopefully it doesnt look like the coupes lol

Hondata saves lives
S300 and K-Pro tuning 813-433-3721
Crome OBD1 Editing/Chipped ECU's/Wiring/Track Setup

Prayoonto/DSS/Precision/TiAl/JE/Eagle/PPG/Supertech Equipped
Old 05-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Rockin' 4 more Cylinders

Originally Posted by BoostedSRT
Hopefully it doesnt look like the coupes lol

i didnt mess with the harness at all...just relocated it. The new car im rebuilding the complete harness.

_Jake D
Old 05-06-2006, 04:50 PM

i tried to do it and ive just relocated some of the harness and hid some lines... i will post up some detailed pics
Old 05-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking forward to the detailed pics...........-Bob

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Old 05-09-2006, 06:24 PM