Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

need help

Old 04-23-2006, 09:17 AM
BALLER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

i have a 93 hb its clean but it is an automatic i was wondering if i should convert it to a 5 speed and how hard is it so i could put a jdm engine in it or just sell it also i have a 91 hb wanted to know what jdm engine i should but in it i what to be pretty fast
Old 04-23-2006, 09:48 AM
lost u already???

well if you wanted to have a bit more fun with it and have a bit more power, then yes convert it to 5 speed. you will need a 5 speed tranny, 5 speed ecu, shift linkage, a clutch kit and flywheel, clutch footpedal assembly, clutch cable... you may need a 5 speed tranny mount and axles as well. As far as the other car goes your best bet would be to put an ls/vtec into it, that may be the cheapest and quickest way for you to get some power.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:50 AM
smokes weed...everyday.

Originally Posted by integraman89
well if you wanted to have a bit more fun with it and have a bit more power, then yes convert it to 5 speed. you will need a 5 speed tranny, 5 speed ecu, shift linkage, a clutch kit and flywheel, clutch footpedal assembly, clutch cable... you may need a 5 speed tranny mount and axles as well. As far as the other car goes your best bet would be to put an ls/vtec into it, that may be the cheapest and quickest way for you to get some power.

+1. you'll need a manual tranny mount, but im pretty sure the axles are the same.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 04-23-2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by 95gainfla
+1. you'll need a manual tranny mount, but im pretty sure the axles are the same.
Hasport sells a bolt in conversion mount (so you won't have to hack the old one off and weld on a 5spd/manual one),
Old 04-23-2006, 06:51 PM
BALLER

how much power would i get out of ls vtec and that would be an ls block and a b16 head would it be hard to do
Old 04-24-2006, 03:09 AM
lost u already???

you can get quite a bit of power depending on how much engine work you do... like i said before its all about how much you wanna spend... so the more you spnd... the faster it can be... but yes, an ls/vtec is an ls block with a vtec head (b16 or gsr head)... i personally havent used either but i heard the gsr is a better head after you put some$$ into it... good luck
Old 05-12-2006, 03:34 AM
GSR hatch in motion

ur retarded... i told u everything that they r telling u. dont listen to me... the honda tech has no clue what he's talking about. in order to do ls/vtec, buy gsr head for like $200 on here, do crv block from chris for $300, block guard(2 liter sleeves are thin and flex) $80, b16 tranny $????, ls vtec kit from Eagle(the piston rod company). put it in. booom....fast