Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Honda Tuning May 06

Old 04-18-2006, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knifefight
Actually I was saying the price they paid for everything seemed off...
You would be better off buying a ZC, and adding a wetshot with minimal mods. Blow it up, then move onto a B series.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by juiced2ndgenteg
If you'd like to pay waaaaaaaaay over $1k to pull your single cam and re-build with ZC pistons then re-install, just for 146whp. You need to have a cat scan done.

If you spend 10k on a boosted honda to make half of your horsepower in torque you need a catscan also right?I dont hate on any platform anymore its your $$$ waste it on anything you wish.I think the article was pretty interesting i read it today.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by EludeR
You would be better off buying a ZC, and adding a wetshot with minimal mods. Blow it up, then move onto a B series.
The whole point of the article was to save money, so why wouldnt i just blow the engine in my car now instead of going out and wasting money just to blow an engine? That's what I personally liked about the article was it tried to be budget minded and it doenst mean Im dee da dee for liking it...

Xbox w/27 Games For Sale
http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/el...ml#post2890808

PSP For Sale
http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/el...ml#post2889890
Old 04-19-2006, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by theebluecrx
If you spend 10k on a boosted honda to make half of your horsepower in torque you need a catscan also right?I dont hate on any platform anymore its your $$$ waste it on anything you wish.I think the article was pretty interesting i read it today.
try more like $3k total, including the AEM EMS. I have less than 1k into my turbo kit and less than $1k in my engine. Who said I make twice as much HP as I do Tq? Really though a doubt I'm making 400whp but I'm quite sure I'm making over 200tq. I could easily install a 50 shot and have full spool @ 3k and make more WTQ than I do WHP. Areyouafuckinaaaassss?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cronic
Not saying this isn't possible, however I've never seen it, and it sounds very unlikely that with just tuning - you pulled ~20whp out of a stock LS. Unless you meant MUSTANG stock. I would like to see that in person. You must be a dilligent tuner.
I spend as much time as it takes, maybe even more. ok, you caught me, it wasnt 20, it was only 14whp over baseline. It was a fresh stock rebuild.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Retired Ricer...

Ceejay's car (when he still had the LS CRX) made 129whp with ITR pistons, home depot intake, and a header... On a STOCK ecu... Tuning wouldve done wonders for that car...

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 04-19-2006, 12:14 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by Cronic
On a side note, Angela is making over 140whp out of her D.
corrected

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 04-19-2006, 12:20 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

D series are affordable to build, easy to find parts for and easier to work on IMHO.

My ZC pistons were given to me for free, but I have heard of being able to pick them up cheap

We completely rebuilt my d16a6 into a d16y8 with high compression and its awesome for autox and pulled a 14.9 on the 1/4 mile, very compariable to a b series (granted I have suspension to help out).

My torque is so so nice, espc 2nd gear and when in high revs shifting into 3rd ... the bmw autox just made that car scream this past weekend

I'll make sure to pick up the mag so I can read up, thanks for the heads up

One day I need to put the money into dyno tuning the car

This weekend we are adding a bored out throttle body, give my kid more air to breathe with

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production