Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

opinions on light-wieght flywheels?

Old 04-15-2006, 09:14 PM
2fast4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on light-wieght flywheels?

what would you guys recomend is a good wieght for around 175whp? ive been searching and i found that lighter flywheels feel alot different to drive and people have to rev it higher to get it going. whats up with that? thanx
Old 04-15-2006, 09:25 PM
aspiring luder

less rotating mass, so the engine doesn't have to work as hard to spin it, but it loses momentum quicker/have to keep throttle on to keep it revving, and when you shift, if you take too long the revs die real quick.
but you'll climb through the gears quicker, how does a lighter flywheel affect engine breaking?

PS, basic questions like this have been asked alot, so if you have more you may be able to search for it and find the answer quicker
Old 04-16-2006, 02:40 PM
lost u already???

there are a few different weight fly wheels, if you are worried about the loss of rpms i would go with the 12 pound flywheel. they sell 7, 8, 12 and stock is like 18 or more... you should probably chose one in the middle for only 175 whp, i think a 12 would be you best bet.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Gators Bitches!

I have the ACT StreetLite which is 12 and I love the thing. I am pushing around 180whp. I would say 12 lbs.
Exterior
HFP Front & Rear Lip♦Limo Tint♦LED Smoke Tails♦Yellow Fogs♦8000k Low Beam HIDs♦LED Reverse Bulbs♦Gunmetal Stock 7 Spokes
Suspension
Rear Lower Tie-Bar♦Front Strut Bar♦TL-S Rear Sway Bar♦MOOG Rear Endlinks♦HFP Suspension♦Ingalls Camber Kit
Engine/Performance
Nokya Battery Tie Down♦Spoon Radiator/Oil Cap♦Skunk2 Clutch Cover♦Stainless Brake Lines♦TL Engine Cover♦RV6 J-Pipe & Test Pipe♦Short Ram Intake