Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Wide Tires/Fender Flares on EK Hatch?

Old 03-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Cafe Racer Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide Tires/Fender Flares on EK Hatch?

I just got a '00 Hatch and was thinking about what to do wheel/tire-wise for the track (Road-race). I'm going to be tracking the car down the road, but am just kicking some stuff around right now. Anybody make fender flares that aren't part of some house-sized body kit set-up? Also, with stock fenders, what is the widest tire that can be stuffed under an EK? I got 225/45-15's on my SE-R with some "massaging" but I'm still wondering how different the Honda is. I might try some bias-ply Goodyear slicks instead of DOT radials because they make some decently-wide tires that are still carry a pretty short O.D. for SCCA Prod.-class cars like 23"ishx10"ishx15"or so (ha, sorry), plus bias is a nice change for a bit. Thanks for any help in advance.

"Well, here's the thing".....you will be missed.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:17 AM

im sure you can fit 225's on a civic if its not slammed or tucking the tire under the fender... i had an issue with my tires rubbing and i rolled my fenders and now its able to do U-turns and hard cornering. im planning on doing it some more for my next wider offset wheels..
Old 03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Broke not Built

i had 225/55/15's on my CRX and it was lowered quit a bit, i had to roll the edge of my fender to keep from cutting into the tire but it worked fine....and an EK has alot more clearance i think then a CRX...

Originally Posted by JoKiE crx4294
What do i have to prove to anyone?....umm NOTHING!!