Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Project Civic D16Y7 to B18

Old 02-11-2006, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Project Civic D16Y7 to B18

I was going to go SOHC VTEC for my 97 lx civic. Cheap, and can be quick, but can only get so much out of it. My buddies convinced me to go LS, then eventually LS/VTEC. Starting out with 140 hp stock, then hearing what time the ls/vtec puts out. I WANT ONE!!! Of course i would sell my D16Y7 complete, I even have a vtec head complete that i was going to put on, a virgin water pump, a Y8 intake manifold and a Z6 intake manifold, im sure that my engine and tranny complete with those parts alone would get me to an LS, and i would need to get the axels, motor mounts, etc. to fit the ls into the civic. My question is, how would I go about doing this swap? I'm sure there are many happy civic ls/vtec owners out there. How did you go about doing it? Did you get a B18a1 or B18b1? I'm on a limited budget so I might have to buy the engine alone first, then tranny, ecu, and so on. Any input from you guys would be great. Thanks Honda/Acura owners
Old 02-11-2006, 10:55 AM

An ls/vtec does not produce impressive horsepower results unless it is built with the proper components by an experienced builder.

I would recommend you purchase a clean low milage ls swap, then look into putting a QUALITY turbo kit together.

For more information on ls/vtec setups, check out http://hondaswap.com they have a good intro article.

For more information on turbo setups etc, do some reading on honda-tech.com

Rule of thumb: Do research before you listen to your friends.

Good Luck.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 02-11-2006, 11:14 AM
You can't handle it

Originally Posted by mtber
An ls/vtec does not produce impressive horsepower results unless it is built with the proper components by an experienced builder.

I would recommend you purchase a clean low milage ls swap, then look into putting a QUALITY turbo kit together.... Good Luck.
+1
Old 02-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Great I'm all ears. LS swap is my ideal choice, boost it....of course .
Old 02-11-2006, 12:02 PM
smokes weed...everyday.

ill take the y7 shortblock and y8 manifold. PM me a price.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)