Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

H22 swap questions

Old 02-05-2006, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 swap questions

I own a 96 accord lx and recently i have hydro-locked the engine so its time to change some things up. I have been looking at all the posts and most accords go with the H22 swap which i love but also just wondering about the B18 motor. Also i would like to do the swap myself but the only problem is i go to college at USF and i have no place to work on it soo i need a complete swap if any would would know anyone that could help? kinda new to swaps so i could use all the help i can get! thanx!

Rockin Rally Suspension!!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:37 AM
E & I Certified

with the size of your car , an h22 is what you need .
Old 02-06-2006, 07:41 AM
USMC

+1 never heard of anyone swapping a b18 into an accord. i got my h22 from here on TR. i had colin at racing integration do the swap, but unfortunately hes not in business anymore. its a fairly straight forward swap, i would have done mine, but didnt have the time. but i also had my car converted from auto to standard. there is a wealth of information on the web on how to do this swap. there are many threads on here and on honda-tech. the motors are pretty easy to find as well, if you cant find one on here, most junk yards have plenty that have already been pulled from the chassis, you just go pick up the motor.
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:05 AM

ya i would also have to do a automatic to standrad switch too. the only problem is that i am a kinda broke college student with not alot of time or tools so im kinda wondering if it is worth doing it. now would be the only time i could so kinda unsure!!

Old 02-06-2006, 10:15 AM
USMC

the auto to manual conversion is alot more time consuming than the actual motor swap. have you looked into everything that is needed for the conversion? if i had to do it all over again, i wouldnt have done it.

only thing i can tell you that will save you a couple hundred dollars is that you dont need a new passenger side mount bracket, just drill a new hole in the existing bracket and it will work fine.

if you run into any problems, just hit me up and i'll email you some pics to help you out.

also do a search on here for posts that i started, you'll find some helpful information in those posts.

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:38 PM

hey guys i just started working on it and got into and i think the motor is not hydro-locked but im getting no spark and the distributer is working fine. also the sparks when i pulled them where covered in oil. more than the usual little bit i mean almost dripping. just wondering if i could've blown the rings? i dont kno what to think? please help...

Old 02-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Professional Dumbass

does it even turn over?..could of bent some valves..h22 is cheap and easy ass swap..i say do et!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:24 PM

i havent tried to completely turn the car over. the spark plus are out and im replacing them cause none of them were sparking. The engine itself is spitting fluid out of the valve cover but it doesnt seem to be water. its like a mix of oil and gas. i dont tihnk its hydro locked but it could be something else almost as bad. wont know for sure till i get into it more...

PS i still might do H22 just need more info before i decide...

Old 02-07-2006, 08:53 AM
USMC

my spark plugs were covered in oil as well. just take off the valve cover and check the spark plug hole o-rings

Old 02-07-2006, 02:55 PM

i have the ultimate swap guide for accord h22's if you need a copy of it post your email address.