Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Power door lock from an ex to a dx

Old 11-27-2005, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power door lock from an ex to a dx

Hi guys I just finished swapping the harness from an ex(powew window,power lock and power mirrors) to my dx eg hatch .And I got a question the power lock works on both doors locking and unlocking the doors ?, cause right now from the drivers side just lock the passenger side and don't open it up .also in order to lock and unlock the drivers side the door got to be closed or you have to be pulling the handle .and from the passenger side it wont lock or unlock the drivers side . any help will be really appreciatted Thanks

oh if somebody got the power mirrors on both side and the power window regulators also on both sides and the door panels (gray)with switches please let me know
Old 11-27-2005, 05:34 AM
smokes weed...everyday.

thats normal i think. atleast the part where you have to open the driver side handle, before you can lock the driver door. honda said "its a safety feature so people dont lock their keys in the car". i havent locked mine in my car once, so i guess its working.

goodluck with the swap.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 11-29-2005, 04:16 PM

Thanks man for the input but . I still going blind in here . come somebody here got to have an ex civic