Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Radiators

Old 11-16-2005, 04:13 PM
That ginger...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiators

I'm just needing to know what year and model cars' radiators i can use that will fit no prob in a 90 si rex it originaly has a/c but we are thinkin of ripping it out. Which leads to my other question. How much of a pain wuold it be to take all the a/c junk out? Do you guys know of any write ups about taking it out? I appreciate everyone who helps towards this.

-Joe
Old 11-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Shop Bitch

CRX or h/b or 4 door EF rads bolt in fine. 90-93 Tegs fit sort of but hoses a little larger and bottom tube hits frt xmember until massaged. Unbolt it all from under the hood. stuff inside you need to pull dash for if you want box and all out. I can do this for you have done many times before. LMK
Old 11-17-2005, 10:12 AM
That ginger...

me and my friend are just gonna go to LKQ and pull one and stuff it in his car over the thanksgiving break and while we are doing that we are gonna put his header on lol shouldnt be too hard...... what do you want to pull out all the a/c shit? or can you try to get it working? we would prefer to have it working since its florida. lol

Joe
Old 11-17-2005, 10:55 AM

I've blown 3 OEM radiators just buy a Fluidyne or Koyo. But to answer your question yes you can use just about any Integra, Civic, or ive seen someone use a CRV radiator. The double wide Radiators will require you to remove your A/C

Old 11-17-2005, 03:58 PM
That ginger...

hwo did you blow them do you have that bad of an over-heating problem or what lol....

he pulled one from a HB and we are gonna put it in tomorrow along with the headers
Old 11-18-2005, 04:55 AM
Shop Bitch

Originally Posted by B18C5-EG
I've blown 3 OEM radiators just buy a Fluidyne or Koyo. But to answer your question yes you can use just about any Integra, Civic, or ive seen someone use a CRV radiator. The double wide Radiators will require you to remove your A/C
Never blown an OEM rad without other problems, and EF chassis have wide rads factory.
I would have to test car to see what is wrong ie, could be bad comp., drier clogged, low on freon, leaks, etc.
90% usually compressors blow up on those cars, which requires new comp, drier and system flush. Convert it to R134 while apart also. LMK
Old 11-18-2005, 07:11 AM

Blew them with 4 inch cracks accross the top every time. Kept using stock OEM Rads. on a engine that is meant for a much larger rad. I.E ITR motor uses a much bigger rad than a stock civic one . Nothing is/was wrong with the engine it ran perfect all the time and always had fluid and water in everything.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:30 AM
That ginger...

Originally Posted by B18C5-EG
Blew them with 4 inch cracks accross the top every time. Kept using stock OEM Rads. on a engine that is meant for a much larger rad. I.E ITR motor uses a much bigger rad than a stock civic one . Nothing is/was wrong with the engine it ran perfect all the time and always had fluid and water in everything.
LMAO!! haha