Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

ECU wiring questions....

Old 11-12-2005, 07:55 AM
AWD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU wiring questions....

Turns out the idiot that had my GSR before me was a fucking moron and diced up all the wires leading to the ECU because he probably tried to install/remove a vtec controller and didnt know what the fuck he was doing.... The car is at the mechanics now and theyre the ones that told me it was probably the source of my troubles and since I dont have access to see for myself, I was wondering if anyone knew if the section leading to the ecu could just be replaced or if the whole cabin wiring harness has to be replaced... I think it may be too f'ed up/tedious to try and fix.... Also anyone know any places where i can get wiring harnesses for a 00 gsr and who can install them?? thanks
Old 11-12-2005, 09:09 AM

Whole in car engine sub harness needs to be replace on a integra/eg.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 11-12-2005, 09:11 AM

whole cabin from honda, but iam sure you could finr someone selling the harness. i think you would need the c101 harness back if iam not mistaken.

Last edited by therainforest; 11-12-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda Guru

aka, big pain in the ass, if he was just trying to hook up a vafc of a feilds vtec controller, it shouldn't be that bad to fix. Just hook up the colors that match. (if that doesn't work, get a book that shows all the colors and what they do.) -Ben
Old 11-13-2005, 01:43 PM
AWD

yeah thanks for the responses guys..... I called acura and labor alone to replace the whole harness would be 1500 dollars so im gonna try and just fix the wires with my mechanic but let me know if anyone else has any suggestions/tips....thanks
Old 11-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Jay
Janky

you would need to replace the entire dash harness or get a good set of new ecu clips with with wires from a yard and properly rewire them in.

-Jay

http://jankycrew.com