Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

poor mans type r questions.......info please

Old 11-03-2005, 09:46 AM
2fast4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poor mans type r questions.......info please

now ive tried searching around and i just cant seem to find anything usefull on it. most people just ask what it is. since i already know what it is i was wandering if anyone on here has had any experience with this set up. how was the reliability? what are the pros and cons of a set up like this? anyone have any numbers with this set up? and would it be better to do ls/vtec or the poor mans type-r? please only reply if you know what your talking about. thanx
Old 11-03-2005, 11:17 AM
smokes weed...everyday.

ide go with the poor mans type r just because i havent really seen anyone with that lately. seems everyone has ls/vtecs...

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 11-03-2005, 01:40 PM

A vehicle/motor is only going to be reliable if it was assembled & tuned properly.

An ls/vtec vs a gsr with itr internals:
Rod/Stroke ratio on a ls/vtec is 89mm instead of 87.2
B18c1 has Oil Squirters
LS/vtecs use external vtec oil lines to feed the cylinder head.

Honestly, who cares what everyone else has. Figure out how fast YOU want to your vehicle to be, figure out how much power it is going to take to make it that fast. Then situate your finances & proceed in a educated manner.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831